Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need help decorating/coloring my St. Valentine's gift
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need help decorating/coloring my St. Valentine's gift [message #43400] Fri, 03 February 2012 18:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar feiteira  is currently offline feiteira
Go to all my models
Hi,

I designed a Box representing a fictional card "Four of Butterflies" that once printed will hold inside a music box and function also as a simple box.

However I don't know how to color it and prepare for printing (I would like to have it printed in colored sandstone).

My girlfriend's favorite colors are Violet and Turquoise (however she dislikes baby blue).

Could you please help me out? Artistic freedom is allowed and expected Smile

http://f.gethopper.com/APrZdM0as8BS0aShSJ6SBNzyZQN0/gift1.PNG

I can pay a small amount.

I can also export to other format if desired.

PS:
I've attached a zip with the OpenSCAD, required STLs and a picture.

The music box to be inserted is like this: http://www.vandekaartshop.nl/WebRoot/StoreNL2/Shops/61975181/MediaGallery/muziekdoosje.jpg

Re: Need help decorating/coloring my St. Valentine's gift [message #43500 is a reply to message #43400 ] Sun, 05 February 2012 19:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
Hi, are the walls 2mm thick and what file format is it in?

Shapeways reviews

V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Need help decorating/coloring my St. Valentine's gift [message #43503 is a reply to message #43500 ] Sun, 05 February 2012 20:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi,

The walls are 5mm thick.

The format is OpenSCAD but can be exported to a number of formats, including STL.

Can you help me?

Thanks and best regards.
Re: Need help decorating/coloring my St. Valentine's gift [message #43505 is a reply to message #43503 ] Sun, 05 February 2012 21:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dotsan  is currently offline Dotsan
Go to my shop
I'll have a look, send it to me in OBJ or STL

info@dotsan.com

V

www.dotsan.com
Re: Need help decorating/coloring my St. Valentine's gift [message #43532 is a reply to message #43505 ] Mon, 06 February 2012 12:51 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Thanks Very Happy

I've attached the file.

José

• Attachment: stvtbox.stl
    (Size: 11.51MB, Downloaded 28 time(s))

Previous Topic:Looking to make a ring for my girlfriend
Next Topic:Who wants to make a video game?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.