Home »  » It arrived! » Retro cellphone antennas
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Retro cellphone antennas [message #43319] Thu, 02 February 2012 03:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar ZeeMar  is currently offline ZeeMar
Go to my shop
hi All!

I designed a set of retro cellphone antennas. They do not 'do' anything for your reception, that is not the point. It is just for giggles because it can make your iPhone or other cellphone look like one of the old classics brick phones of the past... Laughing

For my first print, I rendered a StarTAC antenna in Black Strong and Flexible, and a CB radio (curly style) antenna in Black Detail. BD came out with the curly part not so good but fixed by remolding in hot water. Also I had to sand down the plug to fit my phone. The StarTAC came out way better in BSF, it was straight and fit the jack with no finishing work.

Has anybody tried a dummy plug like this on an iPhone? I do not have one handy to test it with. I don't know if it would put the phone into a headset mode.

Nevertheless I have put 5 different antennas up for sale in my shop, around ten bucks each.

The CB radio:
index.php?t=getfile&id=14176&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=14177&private=0

The StarTAC:
index.php?t=getfile&id=14178&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=14179&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 02 February 2012 03:38 UTC]

Re: Retro cellphone antennas [message #43328 is a reply to message #43319 ] Thu, 02 February 2012 10:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar underitall  is currently offline underitall
Go to all my models
Coool!
I really like them.
Liked on Facebook, added to Favourites and in my Wishlist.
Thanks, I'll order it with my next order which will be around when Squishy, Strong & Flexible is here Very Happy

Also I was looking for some kind of inspiration to make a headphone jack accessory for my phone, but don't know what, I'll carry on thinking but get this too.

Tom.
Re: Retro cellphone antennas [message #43393 is a reply to message #43328 ] Fri, 03 February 2012 17:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey ZeeMar, this is hilarious. Smile I gave it a nod in Friday Finds.

Community Manager | Shapeways

Previous Topic:Sandstone Cryptex
Next Topic:Uncanny Mixup by OSKAR

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.