Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need help for possible commercial product (magic trick)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need help for possible commercial product (magic trick) [message #43192] Tue, 31 January 2012 05:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar axcreations  is currently offline axcreations
Go to all my models
Need help for possible commercial product (magic trick)

I am looking for an affordable professional 3D CAD designer/engineer to help me create a molded thin plastic prototype for a possible commercial product sold to magicians. I want to see if my idea for a relatively simple "gimick" can be made a reality, and if successfully so, eventually market it as an inexpensively mass produced trick.

Familiarity with 3D Printers is essential as I have never gone about doing something like this before (creating something in 3D, not magic marketing - for I have created & sold a successful trick in the past), and a little hand holding may be necessary to point me in the right directions to make the idea in my head a reality.

I believe I will need it engineered on CAD in a format compatible with 3D printers. If you can show me some engineering design examples that shows designs you have done that have been modeled, it will make things a lot easier to pick someone that I think would work best.

Once I narrow down those interested in the project, I can provide more details on exactly what I'm looking after signing a confidentiality agreement. I'm sure it won't be necessary, but the magic society as a whole is very secretive, and protective of their ideas. I hope you understand.

I will say that I'm currently a struggling writer, so I can't spend a ton for this project. It should be relatively simple to do, so I'm hoping to get it done reasonably priced. I will say that it most likely will be fun to do, and if I do eventually market the trick, I would be more then willing to give a percentage of the profits for your help as well.

Thank you for your time & consideration - I look forward to finding the perfect partner for this project. Smile

Christopher Dearman
axcreations@gmail.com
Re: Need help for possible commercial product (magic trick) [message #43202 is a reply to message #43192 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Hi Christopher,

Welcome to Shapeways Smile

I've sent you an email.

Cheers,
Paul

Previous Topic:Alien Modeler
Next Topic:3D Modeler needed Space Station Modules