Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need help for possible commercial product (magic trick)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need help for possible commercial product (magic trick) [message #43192] Tue, 31 January 2012 05:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar axcreations  is currently offline axcreations
Go to all my models
Need help for possible commercial product (magic trick)

I am looking for an affordable professional 3D CAD designer/engineer to help me create a molded thin plastic prototype for a possible commercial product sold to magicians. I want to see if my idea for a relatively simple "gimick" can be made a reality, and if successfully so, eventually market it as an inexpensively mass produced trick.

Familiarity with 3D Printers is essential as I have never gone about doing something like this before (creating something in 3D, not magic marketing - for I have created & sold a successful trick in the past), and a little hand holding may be necessary to point me in the right directions to make the idea in my head a reality.

I believe I will need it engineered on CAD in a format compatible with 3D printers. If you can show me some engineering design examples that shows designs you have done that have been modeled, it will make things a lot easier to pick someone that I think would work best.

Once I narrow down those interested in the project, I can provide more details on exactly what I'm looking after signing a confidentiality agreement. I'm sure it won't be necessary, but the magic society as a whole is very secretive, and protective of their ideas. I hope you understand.

I will say that I'm currently a struggling writer, so I can't spend a ton for this project. It should be relatively simple to do, so I'm hoping to get it done reasonably priced. I will say that it most likely will be fun to do, and if I do eventually market the trick, I would be more then willing to give a percentage of the profits for your help as well.

Thank you for your time & consideration - I look forward to finding the perfect partner for this project. Smile

Christopher Dearman
axcreations@gmail.com
Re: Need help for possible commercial product (magic trick) [message #43202 is a reply to message #43192 ] Tue, 31 January 2012 09:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hi Christopher,

Welcome to Shapeways Smile

I've sent you an email.

Cheers,
Paul

Previous Topic:Alien Modeler
Next Topic:3D Modeler needed Space Station Modules

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.