Home » Support » 3D Design » Another non-manifold question
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Another non-manifold question [message #3632] Mon, 30 March 2009 05:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar DavTk  is currently offline DavTk
Go to all my models
Hi. I'm trying to upload a file created in Sketch Up, then saved in Meshlab, but I keep getting the Non-Manifold error. I have saved it in .stl and .dae extensions.

Now I know there are lots of questions regarding this same topic, I have gone through all of them and as far as I know I have done all recommended. But I keep getting it. The error may be there, but I just don't get it. Could I get someone's advice so I can keep uploading? Very Happy Thanks!

Re: Another non-manifold question [message #3633 is a reply to message #3632 ] Mon, 30 March 2009 05:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DavTk  is currently offline DavTk
Go to all my models
This is the screen picture I took when working with Meshlab, look how at the left down corner it says "Mesh is two-manifold. " Confused

• Attachment: Picture 1.png
    (Size: 160.45KB, Downloaded 117 time(s))

Re: Another non-manifold question [message #3634 is a reply to message #3632 ] Mon, 30 March 2009 06:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jdavidbush  is currently offline jdavidbush
Go to all my models
DavTk,

I was able to upload this .stl with no problems.

I don't know what I did that you didn't do. All I did was:

1) Export the model from SketchUp in .dae format.
2) Open the .dae in Meshlab
3) Save the model as an .obj
4) Close Meshlab
5) Open the .obj in Meshlab
[Check for non-manifold]
6) Save the model as an .stl
7) Upload to Shapeways

I don't know if saving as an .obj helped. I do know, however, that saving as an .obj triangulates the model. *shrug*

(Also, I uploaded the model with dimensions in mm and the model was going to cost $0.08. Either those weren't the right dimensions or there was some scaling problem introduced in the process.)

-David

Previous Topic: I do not understand the message
Next Topic:I need help to correct these two files

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.