Home »  » 3D modeler needed » How to make a solid object out of a skp file??
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon4.gif  How to make a solid object out of a skp file?? [message #43038] Sun, 29 January 2012 15:36 UTC Go to next message
avatar Pziddy29  is currently offline Pziddy29
Go to all my models
long story short I want to use a skp file to print some 3d objects.Problem is when converting or exporting from skp to a .stl file the models have holes and gaps.I have no 3d or modeling experience.How can i fix this problem?Or is there a program that can do this for me??
Re: How to make a solid object out of a skp file?? [message #43052 is a reply to message #43038 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 19:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar danielprasal  is currently offline danielprasal
Go to my shop
Hi,

Try nettfab. That software is really easy to use and free version has tools to repair most of problems like open shells, inverted triangles etc. It works with stl files.

Good luck
Re: How to make a solid object out of a skp file?? [message #43060 is a reply to message #43052 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 21:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Pziddy29-1  is currently offline Pziddy29-1
Go to all my models
I have and tried netfabb with no luck I've also tried meshlab to no success.Also I don't have any experience in modeling so I am very limited on my end as far as abilities go.
Re: How to make a solid object out of a skp file?? [message #43084 is a reply to message #43060 ] Mon, 30 January 2012 00:48 UTC Go to previous message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Use the Solid Inspector Sketchup Plugin to find holes before exporting.

Trouble using SketchUp? Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp" - http://bit.ly/1jQ4RtV

Previous Topic:3D Modeler Need for a Custom Rubik's Cube
Next Topic:Alien Modeler

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.