Home »  » General Discussion » 3D printer that uses ...paper?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
3D printer that uses ...paper? [message #42982] Sat, 28 January 2012 17:45 UTC Go to next message
avatar arklan  is currently offline arklan
Go to my shop
Mcor Technologies (no, i'm not affliated with them) offers a 3D printer which uses regular basic printer paper as it's material. as you can see at the link, they get pretty good results. and with the low cost, this could potentially be used for big models.

gallery: http://www.mcortechnologies.com/gallery

what ya think guys?

feedback to shapeways about this:
http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2549874-add-3d-paper-based-printer
Re: 3D printer that uses ...paper? [message #43047 is a reply to message #42982 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 18:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar hagman  is currently offline hagman
Go to all my models
Looks very interesting, though it looks - from watching the guy peeling peeling paper remains off the face - that deep holes, tubes, hollow parts are almost a no-no.
Also, I understand that with (all? most?) shapeway materials have the property that unused powder can easily be reused for the next printing process whereas the paper methid seems to produce a lot of waste.
Re: 3D printer that uses ...paper? [message #43049 is a reply to message #43047 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 18:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar abby  is currently offline abby
Go to all my models
These printers have been around for quite some time , the finish is rather like sawn wood.

Previous Topic:Create min wall thickness in Blender
Next Topic:amazing glass work from 3-D printing. I wish SW offered this version of glass

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.