Home » Community » General Discussion » Can't comment on blog post
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can't comment on blog post [message #42554] Mon, 23 January 2012 15:56 UTC Go to next message
avatar peterhguk  is currently offline peterhguk
Go to all my models
I'm having some hassle getting a comment posted. I enter a comment and then the anti-spam string, but then I am told I entered the anti-spam string incorrectly. If I try again I am also told that there is no "hash header" or something.

NB: I have already commented on that post a couple of days earlier, I just had a new question - it's about the new flexi-material.

Peter Hughes
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42604 is a reply to message #42554 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 22:27 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey peter, that's not good.

When did this happens, and what's your browser and computer info?

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42617 is a reply to message #42604 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 23:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
It started happening yesterday, and the day before as well, I think.

I'm running Chrome on Windows Vista Home Premium SP2.

Peter Hughes
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42662 is a reply to message #42617 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 18:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Magic is currently online Magic
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways Crew
Anti-spam strings are supposed to distinguish humans from machines. Have you ever consider you could be a machine?
Very Happy
Sorry, just kidding...
Very Happy

Welcome to Shapeways!

Hope your problem wil be solved quickly...

So many things to design, so little time...
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42674 is a reply to message #42554 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 21:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi, I tried again, no change today! Confused

My question was to do with the new "squishy" material. Here is my question!

I asked a question about making a suction cup on the YouTube post, and got a reply saying this material was airtight, but you mentioned here that the surface is slightly rough.

It would be great (for me!) if you could design and print a suction cup and report back on adhesion to a smooth surface. Or, if there's a problem, some ideas on a workaround or further development.
Very Happy

Peter Hughes
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42681 is a reply to message #42674 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 23:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey! I'd be happy to print a sample suction cup to test it out. Just send me the STL file (nancy (at) shapeways.com).

However, I just submitted the first sample batch for testing, so you'll have to wait a few more weeks before we send in the second batch. If you're still interested, shoot me the sample file.

Thanks!

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42682 is a reply to message #42674 ] Tue, 24 January 2012 23:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Peter, I looped in our Materials Lead on your question.

In the meantime, I created an item for this in Uservoice. You may want to sign up and vote on this issue to help get it handled by our dev team.

http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/filters/new

Thanks Smile

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42687 is a reply to message #42681 ] Wed, 25 January 2012 00:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Oh dear, I have to do something new!

Well, I've already had a look at Sketchup, so now I'll have to download the software and maybe get the STL-export upgrade.

And then see how it goes! Good thing I have a few weeks...
Laughing

Peter Hughes
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42940 is a reply to message #42687 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 23:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar minimaker  is currently offline minimaker
Go to all my models
For some reason I seem to have the same problem with the same blog. I can not add a post to it either (i'm very interested in trying this material actually - got one design which was originally for a flexible material).
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #42945 is a reply to message #42940 ] Sat, 28 January 2012 00:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Hi, nice to hear it's not just me! Nip over to Uservoice (link above) and vote for resolution, that might help things along.

Peter Hughes
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #43002 is a reply to message #42945 ] Sat, 28 January 2012 23:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar minimaker  is currently offline minimaker
Go to all my models
Done, I've added my vote there.

By the way, for the design of the suction cup you can also consider https://www.123dapp.com/. I find it easier for more mechanical parts.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 January 2012 23:33 UTC]

Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #43007 is a reply to message #42687 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 00:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
suction cup type thingy attached - 20mm outside diameter, 4.3mm outside cup height + something to hold, 3.5mm inside cup height, cup wall thickness 0.8mm - feel free to use & rescale as needed Smile

Paul

Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #43033 is a reply to message #43007 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 14:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Tried to download load and import, got an error "no solid name found, or not an ASCII stl file."

I'm using a free plugin to Google SketchUp. It's definitely not an ASCII file. Fast work though Razz

Peter Hughes
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #43034 is a reply to message #43002 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 14:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks for the link, now in my bookmarks. I've just started to learn SketchUp and am getting ideas, so I'll press on with that for now.

Peter Hughes
icon3.gif  Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #43035 is a reply to message #43033 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 14:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Its an STL binary file - binarys end up a smaller filesize than ASCII - grab yourself a copy of NetFabb Basic (free) for viewing, scaling, etc - NetFabb is also an invaluable tool for checking measuring and repairing meshes.

Paul
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #43045 is a reply to message #42681 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 17:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
As requested, attached is an STL file exported from Google SketchUp and then verified in NetFabb.

The various wire-frame views look as they should and NetFabb reports no errors. Here are the expected dimensions:

Cup diam: 3cm (er, if I remember)
Cup depth: 3mm

...that's what I set in SketchUp, of course you should double-check! Plus there's a handle on the top. I hope it's acceptable to you, please let me know Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2012 01:58 UTC]

Peter Hughes
Re: Can't comment on blog post [message #43069 is a reply to message #43035 ] Sun, 29 January 2012 23:00 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
Hi Paul, many thanks, I got NetFabb and fixed a few things!

Peter Hughes

Previous Topic:amazing glass work from 3-D printing. I wish SW offered this version of glass
Next Topic:How many are online?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.