Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Inktense Watercolor Pencils on WSF
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Inktense Watercolor Pencils on WSF [message #42532] Mon, 23 January 2012 04:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar leftofreality  is currently offline leftofreality
Go to all my models
I saw Kaetemi's post and video about applying watercolor to white, strong and flexible, and it got me thinking about using my Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils on it. Inktense are a little different from normal watercolor; once they are fully saturated with water and allowed to dry, they cannot be removed with water and are relatively permanent. They also offer some really intense, ink-like colors on paper when washed out with water.

In the attached photo, I have tested, from right to left: Copic Ciao Powder Pink (YR00) and Milky White (E51), Inktense Teal Green (1300) and Inktense Fuscia (0700) applied with a waterbrush, Inktense Sun Yellow (0200) and Sea Blue (1200) pencils applied directly and then wetted with a waterbrush and mixed.
index.php?t=getfile&id=13757&private=0

The porous nature of WSF makes it act like paper; the rough texture acts like paper "tooth" and grabs the pencil and marker very well. I would still recommend a spray-on clear coat for protection.

Re: Inktense Watercolor Pencils on WSF [message #47408 is a reply to message #42532 ] Tue, 24 April 2012 04:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rubyscooby  is currently offline rubyscooby
Go to my shop
hey great to know.. Thanks for posting Laughing
Re: Inktense Watercolor Pencils on WSF [message #48833 is a reply to message #42532 ] Thu, 24 May 2012 00:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pdb  is currently offline pdb
Go to all my models
interesting....thx

boop

Previous Topic:Sanding/Smoothing WSF...
Next Topic:galvanize plastic