Home » Community » General Discussion » MeshLab Tutorials
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
icon2.gif  MeshLab Tutorials [message #3581] Sat, 28 March 2009 01:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar cignoni  is currently offline cignoni
Go to my shop
For the ones using MeshLab I would like to share the link to the recently open MeshLabStuff blog that reports small tutorials, hints and practical examples of stuff done with MeshLab.

Currently there are posts discussing how to clean meshes, how to create pdf with 3D objects embedded and how the voronoi sphere (shown below) was created using MeshLab
http://www.shapeways.com/modules/udesign/utils/openfile.php?id=14323&f=photos/photo1475.jpg

Cheers
p.
icon2.gif  Re: MeshLab Tutorials [message #3842 is a reply to message #3581 ] Tue, 07 April 2009 23:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cignoni  is currently offline cignoni
Go to my shop
I have just posted on MeshlabStuff the second part of the MeshLab tutorial on how to model the Voronoi sphere

It is a rather general technique that can be applied to almost any kind of surface to get the typical "organic" look (and using only free tools!)

Happy reading!!

[Updated on: Tue, 07 April 2009 23:51 UTC]

Re: MeshLab Tutorials [message #3848 is a reply to message #3842 ] Wed, 08 April 2009 05:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Great stuff! but the latest version of Meshlab I can find (1.1.x) doesn't seem to support all used options ?

Would I need to build my own 1.2.0 binary for this ?

Regards.

Why is it always after asking that one finds the answers Rolling Eyes

Stumbled upon the 1.2.x alpha versions here:
http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Betabuilds

[Updated on: Wed, 08 April 2009 05:46 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: MeshLab Tutorials [message #42483 is a reply to message #3848 ] Sun, 22 January 2012 06:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar verticalfuzz  is currently offline verticalfuzz
Go to all my models
I get stuck at the selection step... using V1.2.1

Previous Topic:Did 'Yippee! You've Sold a model' notifications just go live timing?
Next Topic:simple 1 button push to get a perfect 3D scan of an object