Necklace and Earrings included with Model

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by mdavisstudios, Jan 19, 2012.

1. mdavisstudios
    mdavisstudios Member
    Where is the documentation on how it works if your printed model begs the inclusion of a necklace chain or actual earring pieces?

I know you're able to create models available for customers that come with some kind of necklace or earrings or the like, and am sure that it's somewhere on the website or in the forums, but cannot find it. The co-creator doesn't seem to include this, unless I've missed it.

Thank you for answers!

My gut tells me our options for this, at least now, are limited, which is the largets thing holding me back from properly setting up shapeways shop - right now it's Etsy that I focus on. The ability to make sure my prints come out well and that they come paired with the optimal necklace chain or brassy/silver/coppery dangle earrings (or any other mixed media, for that matter!) is huge.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Last I heard they were gone. But I'll email Nancy to see.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Ok, they are available, you have to email cs to have them applied to your products.

4. mdavisstudios
    mdavisstudios Member
    Great, thanks for the info! I'm glad I hadn't just missed something obvious online.

5. LincolnK
    LincolnK Member
    @Youknowwho4eva:

Are you saying that they can include a necklace with pendants again?

As far as I know, they are just doing the earring hooks, and yet they didn't put them on the last batch of earrings I ordered. I contacted CS, and they said they will send me the hooks and I can install them myself.

I'd love to get the necklace option back since most people don't like to buy a pendant and then have to go buy a necklace separately.

Lincoln

6. Kendal
    Kendal Active Member
    Hello! What is the status of necklace chains right now? I'm wondering the same thing, since I don't want to have to have things shipped to me and keep stock of them for potential orders. I'm seeking print-on-demand where it goes right out - on the chain - to the customer. Thanks!