Reminder: Grey Robust will no longer be available starting tomorrow (Jan 18th)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 65166_deleted, Jan 17, 2012.

1. 65166_deleted
    65166_deleted Member
    Hey guys,

I just want to remind you all. We are making room for more material additions this year, but in the process we will also be editing out some of the materials less in demand. One such material is Grey Robust, which we will no offer offer starting tomorrow (Jan 18th) at noon EST.

If you have sold a model in this material in the past 3 months, you should have received an e-mail from yours truly about this already. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. In its stead, we will be looking at a variety of different material, including new bendy rubbery materials, smoother hard plastic, lower costing plastics, and much more! I will have a very busy year, certainly.

Anyway, I want to remind everybody before this material retires. Products with only Grey Robust enabled will no longer be for sale, so please enable other materials to ensure your item remains on the for-sale list.

Thanks,
    Nancy

2. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Ok, ok, I know everyone's upset but please, try to contain yourselves.

:p

3. 46486_deleted
    46486_deleted Member
    Haha.
    Just out of interest, with the lack of upset that's seen here, was this material ever used much in the past year or so, and did the production facility ever fill the production run of the printer much? I never saw much in the It's Arrived section...
    Roll on Squishy, Strong & Flexible :D
    Tom.

4. BAROBA
    BAROBA Member
    It was a regular in my shop.
    It was used by 3d-printer-builders to test their machines eversince Shapeways posted their version of Bowie the bunny in Grey Robust..
    Lets say many have tried to get the same quality as Shapeways, but most had to throw the towel in the ring. Bowie is not an easy model to print :)

Cheers,

Rob