Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Introductions » Hello
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello [message #42119] Tue, 17 January 2012 15:29 UTC Go to next message
avatar Fovea3d  is currently offline Fovea3d
Go to my shop
Hello,

I am new to shapeway but I am 3d modeler for the living since 1998. I am discovering the endless possibilities of making my 3d models real. i also have a background in car modeling and small scale remote control cars.

I am particulary interested in the post production techniques to obtain a high gloss paint. I choose strong and flexible because the cars are fast and crashes happen during races. So far strong and flexible has proven perfect for this use.

I plan to design many parts and car bodies for both the Mini-z and dNano small R/C cars respectively in 1/28 and 1/43 scale.

Cheers from France

Alain

http://www.nanospeeders.com/photos/shapeways/120105kadett/kad800.jpg

Re: Hello [message #42121 is a reply to message #42119 ] Tue, 17 January 2012 15:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tessman  is currently offline tessman
Go to my shop
Welcome, Fovea3d! I used to love model car racing. I only wish r/c had been available when I was a kid (way back in the '50's and '60's!)

Previous Topic:Hey there!
Next Topic:New to 3d Modeling and Shapeways

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.