Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Detail finishing
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Detail finishing [message #3526] Thu, 26 March 2009 10:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
I've just got some black and white detail parts. There seems to be a slightly sticky film on some areas of the parts, particularly in corners and holes. I presume that this is a residue from the support material. I can remove the film from more accessible ares with a glass brush, but is there anything I can use that will dissolve this stuff out of small holes and crevices?

Bill Bedford
Re: Detail finishing [message #3527 is a reply to message #3526 ] Thu, 26 March 2009 11:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
oops, answered wrong question here, nevermind Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 26 March 2009 11:16 UTC]

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Detail finishing [message #3544 is a reply to message #3527 ] Thu, 26 March 2009 21:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Bill,

I do not know how small the holes and crevices are, but you can try to use a toothbrush or something similar. Using lots of water during the cleaning will help.

Best regards,

Robert
Re: Detail finishing [message #3550 is a reply to message #3544 ] Fri, 27 March 2009 03:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
I use a nail brush - the thing you clean your nails with. Lee Valley Tools has a great plastic nailbrush, that I always use to clean the detail materials. Use plenty of water and the support material will come out easily.

-Whystler

[Updated on: Fri, 27 March 2009 03:50 UTC]

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/

Next Topic:White Strong & Flexible

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.