Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » Buying » Slight differing of online preview vs model, should I worry?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Slight differing of online preview vs model, should I worry? [message #41682] Wed, 11 January 2012 16:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar fpad77  is currently offline fpad77
Go to all my models
Hi All

I just wanted to check in about a bit of a worry on the model I've put together and just ordered.

I'm getting a small mishap in a element of the model where two parts were fused together which appears fine in both 3ds and Accutrans. I've checked over the textures and can't see any reason why it would be happening so just wanted to get a second opinion.

Here's the model in Accutrans:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6734/preview1k.jpg

But in the online preview, it looks like this:

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9028/preview2a.jpg

As I said, this is from where the 2 parts were joined together (there's a second minor glitch there on the other model too), but it should be fine and I'm hoping its just a glitch on the online previewer. Any thoughts?

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2012 16:00 UTC]

Re: Slight differing of online preview vs model, should I worry? [message #41692 is a reply to message #41682 ] Wed, 11 January 2012 18:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
How are they joined? if they just sit face to face, that'll cause issues. If they sit inside of each other, shapeways will fuse them with no problem. My guess is overlapping faces cause the geometry to change, effecting the mapping.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Slight differing of online preview vs model, should I worry? [message #41753 is a reply to message #41692 ] Thu, 12 January 2012 12:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I don't get it - where are the two parts joined? Isn't this just a result of the viewing angle?

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Slight differing of online preview vs model, should I worry? [message #42015 is a reply to message #41753 ] Sun, 15 January 2012 22:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Bart, it's a game of spot the difference - the hair on the one without the glasses - it also looks like the upper chest area of the one with glasses is a bit skewed Wink
Re: Slight differing of online preview vs model, should I worry? [message #42049 is a reply to message #42015 ] Mon, 16 January 2012 10:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Ok, it looks like Mesh Medic has tried to repair some geometry there and in the processes damaged the UV mapping. Do you agree?

In such a case, the only advice I can give is to manually fix the geometry.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Slight differing of online preview vs model, should I worry? [message #42872 is a reply to message #42049 ] Fri, 27 January 2012 12:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar fpad77  is currently offline fpad77
Go to all my models
Hi guys,

Sorry for late response. Yeah, it did turn up in print, but on the plus side I managed to fix it with a bit of recolouring and I'll know better next time!

Previous Topic:Partial delivery?
Next Topic:Large Quantity of items

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.