Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Gallery on one page, please..
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Gallery on one page, please.. [message #3504] Wed, 25 March 2009 10:10 UTC Go to next message
avatar phobos  is currently offline phobos
Go to all my models
I've been a huge fan of Shapeways since I discovered it, although I have yet to submit anything myself (have to decide what I want to make first Razz).

I wanted to buy some interesting things to check out the material, but the current gallery approach is unhelpful. I am forced to page through heaven knows how many pages looking for something "interesting" (read: not yet decided what exactly I want).

Using the search function would mean I'd have an idea what I wanted already (not to mention hoping that someone put it in the right category to start with), it doesn't exactly help with impulse buying.

I would VERY much welcome an option to "see all" or "see more per page" - at least 4x as much..
Re: Gallery on one page, please.. [message #3541 is a reply to message #3504 ] Thu, 26 March 2009 21:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pete  is currently offline pete
Go to all my models
Co-Founder
HI Phobos,

your feedback is noted, we will put it on our list.

best regards,
Peter
Re: Gallery on one page, please.. [message #3549 is a reply to message #3504 ] Fri, 27 March 2009 03:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Yes please, the current pages are too short. If we can't group or sort the shops and gallery, at least let us see more of it at a time!

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com
Re: Gallery on one page, please.. [message #4259 is a reply to message #3504 ] Tue, 05 May 2009 10:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ushanka  is currently offline Ushanka
Go to my shop
I agree!
Re: Gallery on one page, please.. [message #4272 is a reply to message #4259 ] Tue, 05 May 2009 22:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar robert  is currently offline robert
Go to all my models
I work here
No worries. We totally agree and are working on improving the browsing experience.

Cheers!

Robert
Re: Gallery on one page, please.. [message #4335 is a reply to message #4272 ] Sun, 10 May 2009 05:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dark  is currently offline Dark
Go to all my models
agree, but while the browsing experience is terrible
the buying experience is even worst

made my first order of my prototype parts, nearly 30 parts and i had to click on every single item(takes forever to load up) then add to the cart and comeback, click a new item and add.. etc it took about 15-20 minutes just to do that

for those that know what they buy, mb a button to add the item in the cart directly from the list would be a good option.
it would add the item with its default parameters
if need more infos or change the options then we could click on the item

cant imagine when i gonna make an order of 100 part + ... will take hours just to "build" the list of parts Shocked

definitivly more items per page
gallery would need atleast 4 x 8
and "my design" would need atleast 4 x 4
or mb an option that lets the user choose how many item will be displayed on the page, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 items(4x1, 4x2, 4x4, 4x8, 4x16)

and a "add to cart" button for the lists that add the item with its default options to ur cart

edit: oups... just noticed that the galery is 6x2...

[Updated on: Sun, 10 May 2009 06:50 UTC]

Previous Topic:Markups for us?
Next Topic:Shapeways as webservice

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.