Home » Support » 3D Applications » Model not uploading to correct size. (3ds Max 8)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model not uploading to correct size. (3ds Max 8) [message #41471] Sun, 08 January 2012 21:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar Karcov  is currently offline Karcov
Go to all my models
Hello,
I have a problem I can't seem to fix myself :\.
I have a model that I made in 3ds max 8, the dimensions of the object as shown in Max is 25cm,1.55cm, 0.774cm. yet after upload the size is 3.3 w x 2.0 d x 1.0 h cm.
I don't know if this is something I'm doing wrong of perhaps a setting somewhere that is not right. I tried creating a simple test box, but is has the same problem.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/141mlio.jpg

So if anyone know whats up with this I would love to know.
Thanks,
Karcov
Re: Model not uploading to correct size. (3ds Max 8) [message #41511 is a reply to message #41471 ] Mon, 09 January 2012 14:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
What file type are you exporting and uploading?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Model not uploading to correct size. (3ds Max 8) [message #41558 is a reply to message #41511 ] Mon, 09 January 2012 23:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Karcov  is currently offline Karcov
Go to all my models
I have tried both .STL and .OBJ
And I have played around with different size settings such as MM, CM Etc.
Re: Model not uploading to correct size. (3ds Max 8) [message #42513 is a reply to message #41558 ] Sun, 22 January 2012 22:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar JACANT is currently online JACANT
Go to my shop
I dont' use 3ds max but I have a copy of the free Gmax.
The only thing I could suggest is check your Preference Settings.
Maybe you where playing around with the 1 unit = 'x' box.
The screenshot is from Gmax
index.php?t=getfile&id=13739&private=0

• Attachment: gmax.png
    (Size: 33.38KB, Downloaded 133 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 22 January 2012 22:47 UTC]

jacantdesign@gmail.com
Re: Model not uploading to correct size. (3ds Max 8) [message #42531 is a reply to message #41471 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 04:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar cadop  is currently offline cadop
Go to my shop
Make sure your file unit system is the same as your interface units. When you go to customize user unit setup, make sure display unit scale is the same as System unit Setup.

Previous Topic:3D Software - Simpliest
Next Topic:Which software please ???

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.