Greetings from a hopeful artist in Florida!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 132632_deleted, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I have a storefront at Cafe Press for my artwork, and I am a beginning lampworker. I also dabble in other bead work and acrylic painting or anything that looks interesting.

I am very interested in this site, but have only Photoshop 9, no 3D software program. I would like to hear from anyone who has the time as far as which programs they like, which they hate, why, which are easiest to learn -- pretty much anything.

Thank you.

-Sherry

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Well with photoshop you can export a dwg which I think can be imported into 123D. From there you can turn your 2D art into 3D art. 123D is very easy to use. I myself am starting to dabble in sculptris and Blender. Blender is fairly difficult to master. Where Sculptris is like working with a ball of clay.

3. Thank you for your information. I will explore my Photoshop when I get home from work.
    I have long wanted to make figurines like Royal Doulton, as well as jewelry, so I am quite eager to begin.

4. Thank you for the information! I have long wanted to make fine figurines, like Royal Doulton, as well as jewelry. I am eager to begin!
    I will explore Photoshop when I get home from work today.

5. ryanmac97
    ryanmac97 Member
    First of all, hi!
    I've only been on this website for a small amount of time, but I have already designed several models. I have used free 3D modeling software which is highly recommended by most people on the site, called 'Google SketchUp'. It is very easy to learn and use; with a user-friendly interface and controls.
    I would love to hear any updates from you- models made and the like. also note that shapeways has various 'creators' designed specifically to get newbies up and running!
    Au revoir,
    ryan

6. Thank you very much, Ryan!
    I have a couple of the "flat" designs on site and have just uploaded one for the ring. I want to see what things really look like. I wish Shapeways gave you more than one view of how your design has come out.
    I'll go see the Google program. Free is good!
    -Sherry