Home » Community » General Discussion » Please drop Paypal now
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Please drop Paypal now [message #41217] Wed, 04 January 2012 20:46 UTC Go to next message
avatar photosfromrob  is currently offline photosfromrob
Go to my shop
Paypal is not a service that any of us should be associated with, they're expensive, inflexible and do stupid things that cost people money without providing a way to arbitrate matters. Case in point...

http://boingboing.net/2012/01/04/paypal-if-you-dont-like-the .html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Please drop these people.
Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #41226 is a reply to message #41217 ] Thu, 05 January 2012 02:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
Ok, that's a very odd case, but I like PayPal so please don't drop them!

While suggesting Shapeways drop PayPal, better suggest a service who will take their place, easily collecting money worldwide...

If you're new to 3D printing, learn the secrets from a professional. Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp"
Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #41227 is a reply to message #41226 ] Thu, 05 January 2012 02:23 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
there's a list here...
http://www.auctionbytes.com/cgi-bin/charts/chart.pl?Online_P ayment_Services
Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #41243 is a reply to message #41217 ] Thu, 05 January 2012 11:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I've never had any issues with PayPal (or the ebay/PayPal relationship) in the years I've been using their services.

Do you have any particular personal experience that's swayed your descion?

Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #41255 is a reply to message #41243 ] Thu, 05 January 2012 14:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Sorry, that's a serious legal issue and difficult to handle with.

I'm living in the EU and the same can happen here without paypal.

If you receive a package with a plagiat from outside you will get a notice from the tax office that the item has to be destroyed.

For sure you can claim the originality of the item but that can be followed by a lot of troubles if it's a plagiat.

So for example if the item is a Rolex and it's a counterfeit one you have to destroy it.
As I know you can get legal troublesas sender and receiver.

Which can also be true when sending the package (with the plagiate) inside back.

So it can be the case that the legal advicer of paypal give the advice to destroy this item ...

So difficult story and not only caused by paypal.

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
More then 270 shop items (more then 146 already printed once)
Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #41273 is a reply to message #41243 ] Thu, 05 January 2012 17:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I do. I've been denied a Paypal account for several years now. They decided that I'd violated their terms of service and dropped me. The problem is that there's no way to appeal. They decide and they act, they don't care about mistakes.
Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #41277 is a reply to message #41273 ] Thu, 05 January 2012 18:12 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar rolandberberich1979  is currently offline rolandberberich1979
Go to my shop
I would like to point out I had twice the occasion to dispute with paypal.

A seller had sent me junk instead of the item in question and another one had not informed that his carriage handler will be charging me 40 € in addition to the postal charges etc.

In both cases I had to go through two months of hassle with paypal who are only interested in collecting their fees (like ebay). Paypal and ebay do whatever they want to and do not even justify themselves.

But I believe they are not above the law and informed them in both cases they had 48 hours to do what I said or face prosecution by my lawyer. In both cases I got my money. Strange is it not?

Alternatives are there (googlecheckout, skrill, payoneer, ..) and last but not least with shapeways being represented in USA and Europe most of the payment areas (Sepa, Bacs etc) should be covered.

So, yes pro alternative, contra paypal.
Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #41312 is a reply to message #41217 ] Fri, 06 January 2012 16:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar erckgillis  is currently offline erckgillis
Go to my shop
I too had very bad Paypal experience both as a long time user and then a Ebay vendor. Paypal can and will seize all of your funds for little or no reasons other than the constantly changing terms of agreement that runs to over 24,000 words.

Did you read it all?

http://www.screw-paypal.com/tos_exposed_section/tos_exposed. html

http://www.paypalwarning.com/paypal_wall_of_shame

I gave up arguing with a fax machine at ebay/paypal so I moved on. Took 2 years to get $900 back of my OWN money. yes mine, not payments or profits just my own deposited funds in the Paypal "Business" Account.

ERCK

Ed
ERCK Store
Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #42177 is a reply to message #41217 ] Wed, 18 January 2012 08:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar naomibatac  is currently offline naomibatac
Go to all my models
How about using credit card instead.

http://www.creditcardshelplines.com/
Re: Please drop Paypal now [message #42178 is a reply to message #42177 ] Wed, 18 January 2012 09:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Twopounder  is currently offline Twopounder
Go to my shop
I'd actually like to see google checkout included. That's about all the input I have on the matter Smile

http://fracturedmesh.blogspot.com/ - my 3d modeling blog

Previous Topic:The giant has awakened.. 3D systems lunches cubify.com
Next Topic:Models from games

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.