Home » Support » Buying » paying in EUR with paypal
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
paying in EUR with paypal [message #40960] Fri, 30 December 2011 20:13 UTC Go to next message
avatar bondp99  is currently offline bondp99
Go to my shop
I recently discovered a problem with the paying option. Some time ago there was an option to pay in Euro OR Dollar before beeing directed to the paypal page. Paying in Euro within Europe seems a bit better than paying in US Dollar.
My question is now: Where can I change now to Euro before the paypal step? I cant find it...

--- exclusive construction machinery models - scale 1:50 ---
Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #40961 is a reply to message #40960 ] Fri, 30 December 2011 20:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I think by entering your billing address in your profile will fix this.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #40964 is a reply to message #40961 ] Fri, 30 December 2011 21:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
???

Why should the billing address change the currency?

Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #41245 is a reply to message #40964 ] Thu, 05 January 2012 11:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
We have removed checkout in Euros for the time being and are working on a better/less confusing implementation.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #41257 is a reply to message #41245 ] Thu, 05 January 2012 14:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thanks for your reply but I found the solution with the two simple buttons Paypal EURO and Paypal Dollar really simple...
Now I have to pay in Dollar with the exchange rate from Paypal which is always worse than the official rate. If Shapeways is a european company why have european customers to pay in Dollar? Rolling Eyes ... That makes no sense to me.
Hopefully you change that issue soon!

Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #41924 is a reply to message #41257 ] Sat, 14 January 2012 07:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kaetemi  is currently offline Kaetemi
Go to my shop
Yeah, having to go trough the PayPal conversion rate makes it quite a bit more expensive, and less attractive...
For now, I'll just buy myself gift cards using bank transfer, and use those when I need something fast instead of PayPal then. Wink

Kaetemi
Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #42046 is a reply to message #41924 ] Mon, 16 January 2012 10:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I agree guys, I'll nudge our team some more.

Bart

Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #42055 is a reply to message #42046 ] Mon, 16 January 2012 14:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey guys,

I created a ticket in UserVoice:

http://feedback.shapeways.com/forums/111989-shapeways-feedba ck/suggestions/2518137-re-enable-euro-paypal-at-checkout

Please weigh in with your votes to make this happen quicker.

Thanks!

Bart

Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #43607 is a reply to message #40960 ] Tue, 07 February 2012 13:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar RalphVdB  is currently offline RalphVdB
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi Team,

as you may have noticed: for European customers the option to pay in Paypal with Euros has returned!

Shapeways International Customer Service Manager
Re: paying in EUR with paypal [message #43620 is a reply to message #43607 ] Tue, 07 February 2012 16:39 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank you!

Previous Topic:Order shipped to wrong country...
Next Topic:Shopping Cart is broken

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.