Home »  » Buying » Pricing of FCS vs WSF, something is wrong
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Pricing of FCS vs WSF, something is wrong [message #40782] Tue, 27 December 2011 09:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar Jeffrey V. Cook  is currently offline Jeffrey V. Cook
Go to my shop
When a model first shows up on the ordering page, the default material is WSF. Recently I've been ordering models in FCS, and I just noticed that the prices for these two materials are quite close to each other ($72 vs $64 for instance). WSF is listed at $1.40/cm3 and FCS is $0.75/cm3, so FCS should be almost half the price of WSF. What am I missing here? ...Jeff
Re: Pricing of FCS vs WSF, something is wrong [message #40784 is a reply to message #40782 ] Tue, 27 December 2011 11:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar underitall  is currently offline underitall
Go to all my models
Hi, could it be related to the discount on WSF?

"There is also a volume discount on models with a volume greater than 20cm3 and density higher than 10%. After the first 20cm3, the remaining volume is calculated with a 50% discount."

And FCS handling fee is $3 instead of WSF's $1.50.

Hope this helps,
Tom.
Re: Pricing of FCS vs WSF, something is wrong [message #40814 is a reply to message #40784 ] Tue, 27 December 2011 17:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Jeffrey V. Cook  is currently offline Jeffrey V. Cook
Go to my shop
Thank you, I plugged the numbers into a spreadsheet and this is the reason, exactly. I was not aware of this discount for WSF...Jeff

Previous Topic:xmas....
Next Topic:payment by bank transfer not possible and/or not wanted?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.