Home » Community » Introductions » Hello everyone!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello everyone! [message #40763] Mon, 26 December 2011 18:53 UTC Go to next message
avatar figurebang  is currently offline figurebang
Go to my shop
Hi, my name is Grant and I live in the SF Bay Area. I'm a cartoonist, animator, and 3D artist and I love toys and sculptures so with the help of Shapeways and you all in the 3D printing community I plan on making lots of crazy things!

Re: Hello everyone! [message #40793 is a reply to message #40763 ] Tue, 27 December 2011 13:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome Grant! What software will you be using for your cartoons and sculptures?

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hello everyone! [message #40801 is a reply to message #40793 ] Tue, 27 December 2011 16:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Always start with pencil and paper, then for animating I will use Plastic Animation Paper (download for free!) and a Wacom tablet. For 3D modelling, I use Lightwave with the occasional light dusting of Zbrush.
Re: Hello everyone! [message #40802 is a reply to message #40763 ] Tue, 27 December 2011 16:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
I meant for 3D stuff Razz, although you can scan your paper for image popper. I've been playing with sculptris the last week (owned by the makers of zbrush) And loving it so far.

michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hello everyone! [message #40803 is a reply to message #40802 ] Tue, 27 December 2011 16:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'll check it out!
Re: Hello everyone! [message #40809 is a reply to message #40763 ] Tue, 27 December 2011 17:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
Just so happens I made this today Very Happy http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=4080 8&#msg_40808 in case you need any help.

michael@shapeways.com
Re: Hello everyone! [message #40812 is a reply to message #40809 ] Tue, 27 December 2011 17:07 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thanks! That looks great (I'll try it out on a model I want to print in full color sandstone!)

Previous Topic:Howdy, from Richmond, Va
Next Topic:Aloha Shapeways!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.