Multiple Materials

Discussion in 'Materials' started by FreakingRiddle, Dec 17, 2011.

1. I created a model with 2 different materials (one with transparency and one with sandstone), is it possible to print them in one model like this below?
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
  3. 25182_deleted
    25182_deleted Member
    This would be the best option. Take the FCS part and make a small box for it to sit in, then use a clear epoxy or polyurethane to encase it.

Otherwise there's two other ways of producing a "different" colour inside a clear part using 3DP.

- SLA: Using a clear material you can "overcure" sections by scanning it with the laser multiple times (or using higher laser powers/different infill param's). I've seen parts with 10 different shades of yellow incased in a clear shell.

- Objet: Using VeroClear as the outer material, and any of the other Objet materials for the bug inside. Only a Connex printer is technically capable of this.

Shapeways doesn't offer either of these processes, but hey, the more you know :)

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    If you don't mind the interior model being white, you can exploit the wax support material in FUD like I did with my Kraken in Crystal - the squid is a wax filled hollow space within the block of FUD :cool: