Home » Community » General Discussion » Render pictures
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Render pictures [message #40117] Mon, 12 December 2011 02:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar RuggedBear  is currently offline RuggedBear
Go to all my models
I dont know if this has been mentioned before, so here goes.

When you upload your model and you get a render of the possible outcome, are there any plans to create the image with the different textures available to show what the possible outcome may look like?

For example, it would be nice to see what your design would look like in stainless steel or WSF in indigo.

Perhaps on the next web update Smile
Re: Render pictures [message #40132 is a reply to message #40117 ] Mon, 12 December 2011 14:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar DarioScapittaDesign  is currently offline DarioScapittaDesign
Go to my shop
Hi Revel,

I think it depend from your 3d software and of course from your render software.

I'm using Rhino and Flamingo for render, on the edit box of the material you can use a selector to choose a colour from a picture (e.g. from SHAPEWAYS web page with the color for WS&F) so if I add a plastic material with a little bit of texture then with the selector I can copy the colour indago, red or dark grey and add this colour to the material I used for the object.

I hope it is clear, but as I told you i think everything depend from the software you are using to realize your renders.

Ciaooo!! Razz

Dario Scapitta Design
www.darioscapittadesign.com
Re: Render pictures [message #40134 is a reply to message #40117 ] Mon, 12 December 2011 14:43 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RuggedBear  is currently offline RuggedBear
Go to all my models
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I leave all the design stuff to my designer. What I was trying to say was that it would be nice if when you put an item into your shapeways cart on checkout, it would show you your item in the chosen material to give you an idea.

Previous Topic:Finally Got My Design Input to Google Sketchup
Next Topic:BBC interview on mathematical art and 3D printing