Home » Support » 3D Printing » Definition of Minimum Detail
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Definition of Minimum Detail [message #40071] Sat, 10 December 2011 18:11 UTC Go to next message
avatar Patrick Kniesler  is currently offline Patrick Kniesler
Go to all my models
So excited, my first model is on the way.. but I have questions as I continue making designs. Is "minimum detail" an equivalent concept to tolerance? Does it mean +/- 0.2mm on every point on a WSF model? The term "minimum detail" is very ambiguous to me.
Re: Definition of Minimum Detail [message #40115 is a reply to message #40071 ] Mon, 12 December 2011 01:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar GWMT  is currently offline GWMT
Go to my shop
Hi Patrick;

The minimum detail value is the size at which the detail will definitely print. For WSF if the detail is less than 0.2mm x 0.2mm x 0.2mm it may not be clearly visible on the final model.
Re: Definition of Minimum Detail [message #40118 is a reply to message #40115 ] Mon, 12 December 2011 02:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Patrick Kniesler  is currently offline Patrick Kniesler
Go to all my models
That helps; I hadn't thought of it in 3 dimensions yet- which is silly considering what forum this is on... I'm going to go back to 4th grade now and look at my choices to help me understand:

Guess and check? too expensive
Draw a picture? yes!

Previous Topic:A way to guarantee print orientation
Next Topic:full color sandstone and multiple parts

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.