Home » Support » 3D Printing » Earrings pair rejected for having "2 parts"
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Earrings pair rejected for having "2 parts" [message #39943] Wed, 07 December 2011 20:54 UTC Go to next message
avatar TajTiger  is currently offline TajTiger
Go to my shop
So, I just got a rather irritating rejection notice today.

I submitted an STL containing two identical earrings within. Today I get emails saying that the STL has been rejected with the stated reason "Multiple parts in a single STL : 2 in 1".

Now, I've read the guidelines for silver design, and I've checked the STL and sure enough, 2 shells.

What's most bothersome is that I've printed something virtually identical with a similar configuration before just fine without having to split up the STL. I don't know why one would be accepted and one rejected.

Any idea what went wrong?
Re: Earrings pair rejected for having "2 parts" [message #39944 is a reply to message #39943 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 20:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Contact service@shapeways.com, they should be able to figure out what is going on.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Best Software to generate models for 3D color printing
Next Topic:Full validation before first purchase

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.