feedback on ring ideas

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by justinhowlett, Dec 7, 2011.

1. justinhowlett
    justinhowlett Member
    Hey,
    I'm pretty new to this site so hi everyone. I have made 3 rings, each very different and would like to have some feedback on which kind of ring I should perhaps make more of? Which ring do you like the best or least? Or do these rings totally suck maybe? Let me know what you think.

Cheers

3ringideas.jpg

2. 73663_deleted
    73663_deleted Member
    I think these would be under the category of 'cool'.

(constructive criticism for you)

and possibly 'neat' one with the insect.

3. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    I like the bottom one the best! But they're all nice!

4. coaster
    coaster Well-Known Member
    Im no ring guru,but DO like 1st and 3rd ring............undecided about 2nd :confused

5. I really like the third one! Make more like that; simple, classic, timeless.

I didn't realize the second was a dragonfly at first; thought it was a bow or something. Sorry.

The first one is just not my type at all. I'm kinda old-fashioned. :rolleyes:

I am an absolute beginner at this 3D stuff, and I'm waiting for my first two rings with great excitement mixed with trepidation. I am glad to see yours so smooth and shiny! What software do you use?

-Sherry a/k/a Sturdy Peasant Woman

6. justinhowlett
    justinhowlett Member
    Thanks for all the feedback I'm new to this site so I wasn't sure what to expect or were to start but I guess the best way is just to do whatever you want.
    I should point out these are only renders they aren't real. I used Maya to create these which I have used for years for different things but I love making models the most.
    Maya is a great program for making models but there are tones out there and its up to you what you use, they all vary. It's good at geometrical and man made type models and you can do a lot of things with text but it does have its limits.
    Cheers for giving your opinions:D
    Justin