Home » Support » 3D Design » Model won't print.
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Model won't print. [message #39870] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:24 UTC Go to next message
avatar TheUnchartedWorlds  is currently offline TheUnchartedWorlds
Go to my shop
I submitted a model, and received an email stating it couldn't be printed. The only 'note' in the attached image was a box with the letters "WCS". I couldn't find any information on the forums or FAQs.

The model is very simple, it consist of two separate entities in one file. Any help will be appreciated! I've attached the image that was sent back.

index.php?t=getfile&id=12508&private=0

• Attachment: 217070-1.jpg
    (Size: 64.67KB, Downloaded 155 time(s))

Re: Model won't print. [message #39871 is a reply to message #39870 ] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
What is the intended material?

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Model won't print. [message #39873 is a reply to message #39871 ] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Polished Silver
Re: Model won't print. [message #39874 is a reply to message #39870 ] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That is why, you can't have 2 separate parts in one file for silver.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Model won't print. [message #39875 is a reply to message #39874 ] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you for the quick reply and information!
Re: Model won't print. [message #39876 is a reply to message #39870 ] Tue, 06 December 2011 16:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Your welcome. Would a possible solution be making it one part, and cutting it yourself?

Also if these are "natural pairing" you may be able to contact service@shapeways.com to get the two parts printed
http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/800-Silver-price-lowe ring-for-earrings-cufflinks.html

[Updated on: Tue, 06 December 2011 18:51 UTC]

Re: Model won't print. [message #39903 is a reply to message #39876 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 04:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I separated the meshes into two files. Unfortunately the quoted amount almost doubled in price, even though the mass never changed.

I may try doing as you suggest and cutting it apart post-production, if service can't help me out.

Thanks, again. Smile
Re: Model won't print. [message #39919 is a reply to message #39870 ] Wed, 07 December 2011 13:51 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Yes, that's because there is a start-up cost of $30 for silver, and $35 for polished on each item you order. So if you can get them in one file you'll save that start-up cost.

Previous Topic:Uploaded .x3d file ignored
Next Topic:How to make a customizable design

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.