Printing multiple objects (stupid question)

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 121058_deleted, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Hiya,

I'm about to try my first print, and I have some questions...

I need 3 objects needing printing, 2 of them will have multiple copies (up to 20.) Should I just copy them 20 times and tidily lay them out in the same 3D scene? Is there anything i should keep in mind when doing this? I understand that it all needs to fit into a bounding box of 70x38x58cm.

Cheers

2. Connect them with sprues, so Shapeways' staff can handle them as single item.

3. henryseg
    henryseg Well-Known Member
    If you're printing in WSF, above a certain volume of material there's a discount for densities over 10% (volume of material / volume of bounding box). So you might see if you can tightly pack them so as to get that discount.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I depends on the material, and the size of the items. Tiny items in any of the plastics, do as said above. For any of the other materials, It'll have to be individual files (it can be done in stainless, but 3mm of stainless sprue on 20 pieces could be interesting to cut.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  5. Thanks for the reply,

Seems i'll only be doing 4 copies of one model, using WSF. I'll attempt to use sprues to connect them. If there is a great example of that it'd be great, otherwise i'll keep trawling the forum for examples.

Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011