Home » Support » Buying » Can buy my own models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Can buy my own models [message #39484] Tue, 29 November 2011 14:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar HDModels  is currently offline HDModels
Go to my shop
Hi,
(sorry for my english)

Since I have select only the frosted ultra detail in my product inventory management for all my models and put a markup (about 10%) I can't put one of them in my cart. Everytime that I'm selecting buy, I'm redirected on the last web page I have opened or in the cart with "Your cart is empty" page. I tried to cancel the markup and put an other material but when I try to change that material to frosted ultra detail, the item is canceled of my cart.

I'm on Firefox but I tried on IE and Chrome but the problem stay the same.

I can buy items from other shops and change the material as I want without any trouble. I already bought some of my items but can't buy any thing with the new one even when I delete them.

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2011 14:43 UTC]

Re: Can buy my own models [message #39507 is a reply to message #39484 ] Tue, 29 November 2011 17:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
That's no good, check to make sure you are still logged in throughout the process (upper right should have your user name) I'll forward this on to see if anyone can figure out what's going on.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Can buy my own models [message #39509 is a reply to message #39507 ] Tue, 29 November 2011 18:00 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'm login, I can upload my models, change everything, buy models from other users but it's impossible to buy my own models.
Re: Can buy my own models [message #39518 is a reply to message #39509 ] Tue, 29 November 2011 18:30 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I've forwarded this to our developers.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Can buy my own models [message #39524 is a reply to message #39484 ] Tue, 29 November 2011 19:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jlevine  is currently offline jlevine
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey All,

We've gotten this model fixed up and ready to go into your cart.

The problem was caused by a bug in our inventory management interface which allows folks to set the models' default material as unavailable. When the default material is not available our site has a bug Sad

For now, if you edit your model and make sure the default material is one that is also available you should be able to avoid the issue.

We are working on the inventory management interface bug and we'll keep an eye out for any other models that end up in this wonky state.

Happy Shaping!
Josh

VP of Engineering | Shapeways
Re: Can buy my own models [message #39539 is a reply to message #39524 ] Tue, 29 November 2011 20:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
So bad...

Thank you for your very fast answer!!
Re: Can buy my own models [message #39958 is a reply to message #39524 ] Thu, 08 December 2011 09:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Glad the OP's issue is fixed, but imo, being able to turn off all materials for an item is very useful for us designers who want to show customers work in progress or for showing a design before closing a deal for the job - i.e. the model is viewable using the coded link but is not for sale.

Previous Topic:Package abandoned by the sender and the receiver.
Next Topic:Picking design up from Shapeways Eindhoven

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.