My new ring in a mini shapeways commercial

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by Youknowwho4eva, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I made this in hopes of turning it into a commercial, but I have had no time to learn video editing stuff. So right now I have an animation that I made with KeyShot 3. The ring at the end is my new ring. I was thinking some text saying "Breaking the mold with Shapeways" something along those lines. So comments on the ring and video please :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R44kefvJj8I

2. Hi,

Personally I think the design of both rings could be better, but this is a subjective taste.
    But there are some wrong technical details. In the first one the top part for the stone is too big and out of proportion; the second ring is too small and I think that the ring is to thin. I do not think that the stone is fixed on the right way. The ring can move easily and the stone could be lost.

About the video, I think is too fast and is hard to understand what it means, a serial production I guess, but it's looks like the video keeps repeating itself, like a loop. But I know, 3d animation is not easy.

But it is a nice idea, try to fix some details and could be better.

Ciao :p

3. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    :laughing:

change the title ! the description ! keywords ! let the world find it ! :p

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    @ Dario

It's supposed to represent a production line. Insert raw material, get a copy out. The Shapeways ball of material goes in, and breaks the mold for the new ring that I designed. The first one was to represent a standard engagement ring. I won't be selling it, not unique enough. As for my ring and the stone, This will be my third ring, I hopefully have gotten the pressure hold down. I know on my last one I did. I should find out Friday (expected arrival date)

@ Dizi

When it arrives and is perfected, it will hit the world ;). I wanted to do post production on it before full release, but I don't know if I'll get to that.

5. @ Youknowwho4eva

Nice idea especially to promote your own work! I hope, and I'm sure, you will receive your ring very nice printed and as you said, if you have already setted a stone in a ring like this before, everything will be fine.
    Anyway is always interesting make new 3d experience especially with 3d animation.

:p