Custom World Flutes Decorated

Discussion in 'Feature this!' started by CuttingEdgeFlutes, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. GeomatrixDesigns
    GeomatrixDesigns Active Member
    Awesome! Welcome to the Shapeways community! I've made a Bronze Shakuhachi Flute so far which you may have seen already, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your designs!

Cheers,
    Matt & Sheila

3. Hi Shelia - thanks! yes, I saw your bronze "hard copy" and was very impressed! I'm very new to CAD and such, and it was hard enough getting texture mapping figured out! Your sculptured flute is gorgeous. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to bring some 3D decoration to the flutes. I thought maybe embossing would be easier, but haven't found anything "trivial" for a relative newbie like me. Displacement mapping was something I tried a little bit of, but was very unhappy with the results. I tried importing a flute into sculptris - which was arduous, as it would hang on a lot of files that other CAD programs were just fine with (well, it IS free!) - but was not happy with what I could do there.

Love your flute.

4. GeomatrixDesigns
    GeomatrixDesigns Active Member
    Hi!, Thanks for the compliments. :) I really like the sound of your flutes, they are great. I think if you tried your hand at Zbrush software or Mudbox you'd be able to get some really nice detail added into your flute designs.

Cheers,
    Matt & Sheila