Home » Support » 3D Printing » FUD part removed before curing? [reprint's correct]
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
FUD part removed before curing? [reprint's correct] [message #38709] Wed, 16 November 2011 23:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar GWMT  is currently offline GWMT
Go to my shop
Yo Nancy!!

Was this part removed from the print table before it had fully solidified or did somebody get extra medieval on it with the scraper?

index.php?t=getfile&id=12093&private=0

The print layers at the bottom that project 0.9mm below the sprues and the front sprue (on the right side of the image) were deformed - the layers shifted backwards like a deck of cards as the knife scraped the part off the build table.

There was very little deformation on the projections at the back of the piece because it popped off the table since the knife had broken 98% of the part free by that point.

If this is going to happen every time how should I redesign the part to prevent damage by the scraper when you remove it from the table? Or do you need to leave a thicker layer of wax between the very bottom of the part and the build table top for protection?

[Updated on: Sat, 10 December 2011 19:09 UTC]

Re: FUD part removed before curing? [message #38715 is a reply to message #38709 ] Thu, 17 November 2011 02:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I notified Nancy for ya Wink and Ana too.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: FUD part removed before curing? [message #40075 is a reply to message #38715 ] Sat, 10 December 2011 19:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
The reprinted part is here - everything's nice and straight!
index.php?t=getfile&id=12594&private=0

Re: FUD part removed before curing? [message #40076 is a reply to message #40075 ] Sat, 10 December 2011 19:27 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
The diagonal ridges are also gone from the sides:
index.php?t=getfile&id=12595&private=0
I hope Shapeways can always print FD/FUD this well!

Previous Topic:Quality Differences in Silver
Next Topic:A way to guarantee print orientation

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.