Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Introductions » Hello there!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hello there! [message #38394] Fri, 11 November 2011 18:31 UTC Go to next message
avatar HyperForm  is currently offline HyperForm
Go to my shop
I've singed up a long time ago, but just recently uploaded my first models.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/376849/small_gift_neckles.htm l

http://www.shapeways.com/model/378310/ringoid.html

Would be great to hear some feedback from people that have actually sold/printed for themselves their work. I'm a bit worried about some of the details in the geometry.

Thanks Smile
Re: Hello there! [message #38395 is a reply to message #38394 ] Fri, 11 November 2011 18:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Welcome, Unless the ribbon on your gift is 3mm thick I don't think it'll work for stainless, and it looks like the ring isn't attached? Stainless has to be one piece. Neat idea though. I like the other piece, as long as it's 3mm thick it should be ok to print.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
hi HYPERFORM ! [message #38397 is a reply to message #38394 ] Fri, 11 November 2011 18:40 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Heavyshot  is currently offline Heavyshot
Go to my shop
its cool that your an old shapy!, i wish i knew how to get the system in other words how do you get the file to make a cration? i am a rookie i dont even have any models!
Re: hi HYPERFORM ! [message #38444 is a reply to message #38397 ] Sat, 12 November 2011 10:10 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar HyperForm  is currently offline HyperForm
Go to my shop
Thanks for the reply.

I was actually pretty skeptical whether those details aren't too small for the print. The whole mesh is a solid piece, in the sense it has a continuous surface, but I guess I should remodel that geometry so it's more like a relief. The little ring on top is obviously a separate object, so do I understand correctly that will not work for stainless?

Good thing I can update the model.

@Heavyshot
At the bottom of the page you've got something like 'upload model'. I'v been a 3d artist for a long time so I use 3ds Max for modeling, but I'm not sure what you could use if you're not a pro and you don't want to pay a couple of thousand dollars for software ... Blender is free, but isn't that easy to learn. I'm sure there are some free simple apps for some solid modeling. And I would guess you might find some answers here, on the boards.
Your welcome! [message #38613 is a reply to message #38444 ] Tue, 15 November 2011 13:36 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Heavyshot  is currently offline Heavyshot
Go to my shop
Thanks for trying to help me out here, I got stressed out looking for something free and easy for building scratch made things Very Happy want to be buddies @ HYPERFORM?
Re: Hello there! [message #38618 is a reply to message #38394 ] Tue, 15 November 2011 13:50 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Yes, stainless pieces have to be one piece now. It used to be you could have moving parts, but that changed some time ago. They are just too fragile in the green phase.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Toys and designs
Next Topic:Australian Jeweller says Hi ^_^

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.