Mid-Atlantic Meet Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Youknowwho4eva, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I was able to join the NY meet up in September, and it was great meeting all the Shapies up there. So I'd like to do something like that down here in the mid-Atlantic. I've talked to Baltimore (Todd Blatt, not the city itself) and he's interested in joining in, so I was wondering if anyone else in the area would be interested. Join in the discussion and maybe we can work out a time and a place.

2. jeff
    jeff Member
    I'd be interested. I work in columbia mon-fri. live further out in western maryland so a weekday evening for would be great.

3. bartv
    bartv Member
    Hey guys,

cool initiative! Once you've set a date and place be sure to shoot Ana or me a message and we'll announce it on the blog and our Meetup page as well.

Thanks!

Bart

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Bart,

Will do, Ana is already in the loop ;).

5. baltimore
    baltimore Member
    There are a couple Towson University students that I know of who'd be interested. Another member of the Baltimore Node <a href="http://www.baltimorenode.org" target="_blank"></a> named Marty, who is also an employee of MakerBot would be interested too. The Node is across the street from Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) and I'm sure there are MICA students who'd be interested.

Todd

6. 37532_deleted
    37532_deleted Member
    Hello everyone!

I'm one of the Towson University students and I am definitely interested. I've also got at least two more ladies who would come.

Megan

7. Youknowwho4eva
    Sweet! With all the holiday affair coming up, let aim for early next year. Do you Baltimore area people have a place in mind?

8. baltimore
    baltimore Member
    I'm partial to Station North, where the Baltimore Node is, and Joe Squared, pizza other food and bar across the street.

9. Youknowwho4eva
    So does this place work for everyone? (I'm sure it won't for everyone, but hopefully the majority) That's at 120 West North Ave in Baltimore.

Now a date. Perhaps we should meet on a Thursday so that we can also check out the goings on at the node?

10. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Exciting to see this shaping up!

(pun not intended....)

11. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Blinkin heck, I saw the title of the thread and thought 'Blimey that's a long swim from Blighty' ;)

Have a goodun :)

12. baltimore
    baltimore Member
  13. Youknowwho4eva
    Just throwing a date out there. How about January 12th? I could probably get there around 6:30, but if need be I could get some time off to get there earlier.

It's an even longer swim than you thought ;)

14. jeff
    jeff Member
    12th is good for me, and yea 6:30 is fine. Not sure when the college students get back in town from winter break tho...

15. Youknowwho4eva
    Yay we made it! https://www.meetup.com/ShapewaysCommunity/Baltimore/

There's the meetup link for the meetup. February 16th at 7pm at the Baltimore Node. All the juicy details are in the link. Stop4Stuff, little bit farther than in the middle of the Atlantic :laughing:

16. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    D'oh!

Never mind, the swimming was good practice.
    :rolleyes:

17. Youknowwho4eva
  18. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    19 people RSVP'd!

19. Youknowwho4eva
    24 now. One week away!

20. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Woohooo!