Home » Community » General Discussion » Mid-Atlantic Meet Up
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38389] Fri, 11 November 2011 18:01 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I was able to join the NY meet up in September, and it was great meeting all the Shapies up there. So I'd like to do something like that down here in the mid-Atlantic. I've talked to Baltimore (Todd Blatt, not the city itself) and he's interested in joining in, so I was wondering if anyone else in the area would be interested. Join in the discussion and maybe we can work out a time and a place.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38527 is a reply to message #38389 ] Mon, 14 November 2011 13:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
I'd be interested. I work in columbia mon-fri. live further out in western maryland so a weekday evening for would be great.

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38617 is a reply to message #38527 ] Tue, 15 November 2011 13:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Hey guys,

cool initiative! Once you've set a date and place be sure to shoot Ana or me a message and we'll announce it on the blog and our Meetup page as well.

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38619 is a reply to message #38389 ] Tue, 15 November 2011 13:57 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Bart,

Will do, Ana is already in the loop Wink.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38772 is a reply to message #38619 ] Thu, 17 November 2011 20:50 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar baltimore  is currently offline baltimore
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
There are a couple Towson University students that I know of who'd be interested. Another member of the Baltimore Node named Marty, who is also an employee of MakerBot would be interested too. The Node is across the street from Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) and I'm sure there are MICA students who'd be interested.

Todd

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38910 is a reply to message #38389 ] Sun, 20 November 2011 06:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Meggo  is currently offline Meggo
Go to my shop
Hello everyone!

I'm one of the Towson University students and I am definitely interested. I've also got at least two more ladies who would come.

Megan

megdattoria.WordPress.com
twitter.com/MegzMetaluna
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38924 is a reply to message #38389 ] Sun, 20 November 2011 18:39 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Sweet! With all the holiday affair coming up, let aim for early next year. Do you Baltimore area people have a place in mind?

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38925 is a reply to message #38924 ] Sun, 20 November 2011 18:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
I'm partial to Station North, where the Baltimore Node is, and Joe Squared, pizza other food and bar across the street.

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #38974 is a reply to message #38389 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 16:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
So does this place work for everyone? (I'm sure it won't for everyone, but hopefully the majority) That's at 120 West North Ave in Baltimore.

Now a date. Perhaps we should meet on a Thursday so that we can also check out the goings on at the node?

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #39015 is a reply to message #38974 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 22:58 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ana  is currently offline ana
Go to my shop
I work here
Exciting to see this shaping up!

(pun not intended....)

Community Manager | Shapeways

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #39055 is a reply to message #38389 ] Tue, 22 November 2011 18:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Blinkin heck, I saw the title of the thread and thought 'Blimey that's a long swim from Blighty' Wink

Have a goodun Smile
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #39074 is a reply to message #39055 ] Tue, 22 November 2011 21:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Hey, if this guy can do it, then I'm sure you can too: swimming across the atlantic

www.Custom3dStuff.com
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #39842 is a reply to message #38389 ] Mon, 05 December 2011 16:19 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Just throwing a date out there. How about January 12th? I could probably get there around 6:30, but if need be I could get some time off to get there earlier.

It's an even longer swim than you thought Wink

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #39844 is a reply to message #39842 ] Mon, 05 December 2011 17:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar jeff  is currently offline jeff
Go to my shop
12th is good for me, and yea 6:30 is fine. Not sure when the college students get back in town from winter break tho...

Jeff Bare
Industrial Designer
@jbaredesign
Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #41636 is a reply to message #38389 ] Tue, 10 January 2012 21:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Yay we made it! http://www.meetup.com/ShapewaysCommunity/Baltimore/

There's the meetup link for the meetup. February 16th at 7pm at the Baltimore Node. All the juicy details are in the link. Stop4Stuff, little bit farther than in the middle of the Atlantic Laughing

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #41651 is a reply to message #41636 ] Tue, 10 January 2012 23:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
D'oh!

Never mind, the swimming was good practice.
Rolling Eyes

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #43408 is a reply to message #38389 ] Fri, 03 February 2012 20:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Less than two weeks away! Everyone signed up?!? http://www.meetup.com/ShapewaysCommunity/Baltimore/

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #43417 is a reply to message #43408 ] Fri, 03 February 2012 22:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I work here
19 people RSVP'd!

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #43752 is a reply to message #38389 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 18:11 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
24 now. One week away!

Re: Mid-Atlantic Meet Up [message #43753 is a reply to message #43752 ] Thu, 09 February 2012 18:32 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
I work here
Woohooo!

Previous Topic:necklace
Next Topic:New Design Rules Changes for Ceramics

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.