thunderhawk

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 70038_deleted, Nov 11, 2011.

1. 70038_deleted
    70038_deleted Member
    after i've done some simple pendants, here is my first "complex" model. As you can see, it's a thunderhawk from the game Warhammer 40k. I still have a lot of details to add.
    I use Sketchup since a year only and I've never done 3D modelling before, so please be indulgent.

PS: be indulgent for my english too... I'm french...

[​IMG]

2. berky93
    berky93 Member
    Looks pretty good so far! Just make sure you watch out for those thin fins at the rear there, you want to make sure the printed object is big enough that those have substantial thickness. They aren't supporting a lot of weight, so keeping them near the minimum printable wall thickness should be alright.

3. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    It's looking pretty impressive, good job!
    Watch out if you're planning on selling the model once finished, Games Workshop are very strict about their Warhammer 40K IP rights.

4. 70038_deleted
    70038_deleted Member
    @stopforstuff: I do not intend to sell this object. It's just a challenge...
    @berky93: thanks for this comment. I have a lot of details to check before printing it. And I should resize it because its dimension is 9 meters for the moment :confused

Here is a few renders with textures applied and more details... But it's still not finished... :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Excellent. Cant believe you have only just started with 3D. Wish I was that good when I was starting out. You'll go far.

6. 70038_deleted
    70038_deleted Member
    nonetheless it's the truth! I began using sketchup in september 2010 because I've had to make a plan of the place I was working (here's the plan I'm talking about...)

[​IMG]

I have had a lot of pleasure doing this, so I continue!!
    and since I've discovered Shapeways, I'm making modelisations for my association (like pendants or goodies...here's some renders...) and some stuff for friends.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My job allows me to train every day, it's probably why I progressed quite quickly. And certainly because Sketchup is really simple to handle too :D

For now, I'm busy at modeling interiors for a friend.

[​IMG]

But I intend to finish this %$*@§ Thunderhawk!