Group settings for models

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by CuttingEdgeFlutes, Nov 9, 2011.

1. It would be really useful, not to mention saving huge amounts of time, to be able to set properties about models for groups: select a set of them (clicking on them, checking box, by section, etc) and then allow one to set public/private, markup, move to section, etc.

When one gets to the hundreds of models, group management is almost a necessity.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
  3. Thanks Youknowwho4eva - I had found the csv, but haven't used it as I didn't make my models for sale yet (want to organize them). But that is obviously good. It would speed up everything for me (and whoever else has big model sets) if essentially all the key features (markup, public/private toggle, sections, etc) could be accessed in one convenient place working on groups of models as defined by the shop-owner and set en mass.

For me it's very practical. I've uploaded nearly 40 models of what will be one section of my shop (there will be initially at least 5 sections, likely more). That took some time. Now I realize to set the markup, I need to make them for sale, but I can't just do it for all of them, I have to go back to each one, involving multiple clicks for each, then repeated 40 times. If I upload all my models (several hundred), it's a depressingly monotonous future!

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It may be possible to contact support to get them to turn them all on for you. It wouldn't hurt to email and ask if it's possible.

5. :eek: Didn't even think about that.

6. Finally got my first 240 models up. I downloaded the CSV, but there was nothing in the file except the column labels. I assume I have to make the items available for purchase before they "exist" in the CSV?

It would be great to be able to modify the store items (markup, sectioning, etc) online or in the CSV, prior to presenting them to the world.