hi all!

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 114620_deleted, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Hi, i am interested in modelling and 3D printing:)

2. Hi, I'm new to this group and I'm interested in learning how to create flat and semi flat charms in silhouette shapes from my drawings I've upload and the thickness of a penny or nickle.

When you view my model, my images are tall like a cylinder and I want them flat.

Can anyone help and see what I'm doing wrong"

My avatar :) or username is Cookie

3. I assume that the shape should be extruded less?

4. I want my images to be flat like a pendent. The Sheep shape Is just for a Charm, but the Solid frog I want as a pendent to wear around my neck.

Cookie

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Welcome Teradesign.

Cookie, I'd suggest you post in 3D design, or 3D modeler needed. You should also check out the co-creators for making pendants. https://www.shapeways.com/creator/

6. You what I just realized? I inputted the dimensions wrong.

The dimensions should have read 2.0 w x 0.2 d x 2.5 h, but instead I had the dimension the depth 2.5 and the height 0.2 or 0.75. Now the next part is figuring out how to edit what I already entered. doubt if that's possible from a different computer from where I first uploaded my original design. If that's the case, I will have to wait until I get home where I designed and uploaded my models.

I did used the 3d, but I got the dimensions entered incorrectly.

7. I finally got it figured out and the 3d poppers looks just the way I like them. Very pleased customer.

My next question, how to order laser cuts of my designs I'm lost on that part.

The sheep design, I would like to order 50 to 100 silhouette cut outs of the sheep.

The frog design I would like to order about 2 in metal. I want to wear these as shawl pens.

Cookie

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Cookie,

We don't mind answering your questions, just post them in the appropriate section, not in terradesigns introduction.

Thanks,
    Mike

9. Oop! Sorry about that. Still getting use to this site and how to get around it.

Cookie