Home » Support » Buying » Stainless steel model - crazy expensive
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #38208] Wed, 09 November 2011 01:20 UTC Go to next message
avatar volundr  is currently offline volundr
Go to all my models
I have a large model (38.3 x 6 x 17 cm) that is fully hollow (the walls are set to the minimum of stainless steel thickness, i.e. 3mm so that it doesn't get rejected). It's showing a price of $26,000. Surely, that can't be right??
Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #38222 is a reply to message #38208 ] Wed, 09 November 2011 08:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
DId you leave a hole in the walls so that the unused powder can be removed? If not, our software will treat your object as a solid volume.

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #38628 is a reply to message #38222 ] Tue, 15 November 2011 18:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I did - there are three holes in the model. I am attaching it with this message - perhaps you can spot something that I have missed?

Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #38728 is a reply to message #38628 ] Thu, 17 November 2011 08:25 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Sorry, but could you upload that as an .stl?

Thanks!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #38737 is a reply to message #38208 ] Thu, 17 November 2011 13:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I converted to .obj and .stl both are in this zip

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #38979 is a reply to message #38208 ] Mon, 21 November 2011 18:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Any thoughts on this?
Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #39119 is a reply to message #38979 ] Wed, 23 November 2011 13:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pfeiffer stylez  is currently offline pfeiffer stylez
Go to my shop
The STL looks horrible in netfabb... Shocked
More then 2.8k errors... no good...
Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #39149 is a reply to message #38208 ] Wed, 23 November 2011 18:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Kasss_Gnarl  is currently offline Kasss_Gnarl
Go to all my models
Hi baldr,

I had a look at the Sketchup file and found quite a few issues, mainly where individual componets were just sitting next to each other, un-attached. I have fixed the issues that I could see, so hopefully it will have helped bring the cost down a bit. Please give the model a check to make sure that I havent changed anything that was essential to the design of the part while I was fixing bits.

Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #39157 is a reply to message #39149 ] Wed, 23 November 2011 20:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thanks, I appreciate the help. The cost is still prohibitive ($3700) though much better than the initial estimate.
Re: Stainless steel model - crazy expensive [message #39162 is a reply to message #38208 ] Wed, 23 November 2011 21:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Kasss_Gnarl  is currently offline Kasss_Gnarl
Go to all my models
Not a problem, glad to do it. Smile

Previous Topic:Paying from Colombia
Next Topic:permissions

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.