Home » Community » It arrived! » Spiral Necklace
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Spiral Necklace [message #3134] Sat, 28 February 2009 00:03 UTC Go to next message
avatar Nshortino  is currently offline Nshortino
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=273&private=0
http://www.shapeways.com/model/17713/spiral_necklace_____10_ .html
My first order from Shapeways! My girlfriend couldn't wait for my order to arrive so she could start to wear it. I ordered three different sizes, from small (approx. 1 inch) to large (approc. 3 inches). The one she is wearing is slightly larger than 2 inches overall, and she loves it!
The smallest one looks a little fragile, but they all seem stronger than they look. Going to attempt painting them soon, probably to a silver color. Any suggestions on painting? What kind of paint will work the best on the white, strong and flexible material?
I'd love to see it in metal, so hopefully a metal material is available sometime in the future.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 February 2009 03:46 UTC]

Re: Spiral Necklace [message #3136 is a reply to message #3134 ] Sat, 28 February 2009 05:04 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar daddymack  is currently offline daddymack
Go to my shop
Beautiful! You must be very proud Nshortino
Re: Spiral Necklace [message #3138 is a reply to message #3134 ] Sat, 28 February 2009 13:09 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar chris89  is currently offline chris89
Go to my shop
That is beautiful, really like the design.
Re: Spiral Necklace [message #3140 is a reply to message #3134 ] Sat, 28 February 2009 15:43 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Whystler  is currently offline Whystler
Go to my shop
The design is elegant in white! I love it.

Check out the post-production section of the forum for great ways to colour it. There is extensive talk of painting in Daddymack's post about preparing for resing casting.

-Whystler

[Updated on: Sat, 28 February 2009 15:45 UTC]

Check out my website: http://tshawnjohnson.wordpress.com/
Re: Spiral Necklace [message #3168 is a reply to message #3140 ] Sun, 01 March 2009 21:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Nshortino  is currently offline Nshortino
Go to my shop
Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy to hear that other people like my design. I'm going to try to smooth and paint the model soon, and I'll post my results of how it went.
Whystler, after seeing it being worn I agree that it looks great it white, so instead of a color I think I'm just going to give it a smooth white coat to give it some shine. We'll see how that works out.

Previous Topic:Printout too small? Why isn't it the right size?
Next Topic:Guild Wars Character

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.