Selling Single Quantities

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by 112428_deleted, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Hi,

I want to be able to sell single quantities of multiple items is this possible? For instance, I want to generate multiple unique models, so that each customer will get a customized and item that no one else on the planet will have. It will be listed once, and then once sold, no one can buy another one of the same shape, but they can get another one of a different shape.

Cheers.
    Ellison

2. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    unfortunetly no but has been asked for in the api section.

3. Too bad, there's value in uniqueness.
    I'm new to this, and just read that there was an API. How about if I set up something where once and item is bought, I just delete the model from my shop? Does the API support deleting items on the fly?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  4. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    nope and it does not support telling you when items where bought. The API was partially finished then abandoned by shapeways.

5. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Are you multiple items around the same size? You could do it as a co-creator. That way you know when one is ordered immediately. Then you just upload the unique file.

6. Yes, they will be exactly the same total volume actually. How does the co-creator work? Do you mean that I can just upload a new file to overwrite the existing one, once the item is sold? How do I know when the item is sold?

7. Youknowwho4eva
    When you set an item as a co-creator, when someone orders it, shapeways sends you an email saying you have some work to do. You come to the site, go to your personal page, and there will be a list of open jobs. You click on the job, read the specifications the buyer has put in, and create the file and upload it. You can set up to 3 modifiable entries (at least it was 3 last I made one) which can be text fields, number only fields, even an image upload field.

On your item page, turn on edit, and on the bottom left will be "Make this model a Co-Creator"

8. Thanks for the reply!
    It's partially solves the problem, but requires a lot of hands on work to get each order out.

The best would be to allow us to set the quantities of each item. That way I can upload more than one unique item and only allow one of each to be sold.

Cheers.

9. Youknowwho4eva
    Yea the only way to do that right now is make it so only you can order it and sell it on ebay or etsy, or some other place that lets you have quantity.