Free models

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 112001_deleted, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I am planing to model some stuff for free for a while.

not really sure about the demands or anything but I'm doing this because I doubt that I'll be able to make any money and I need to practice my 3d modelling.

anyway, to follow the template.
    About me: My name is marcus, I live in sweden and am 18 years old
    Expertise: Hard-surface modelling.
    Experience:none I guess... I am self thought and have been modelling on and off for about 3 years now.
    Portfolio:Got no real portfolio but I do got a deviantart account, Devianart
    Rate:free

Should note that I am not very good at character modeling. And the only thing that I ask in favour for this being free is the option for me to give up if I can't finnish the model^^

2. duann
    duann Member
    Welcome and good luck !

3. Marcus its good to see someone willing to help out another for no charge.

4. you appear to have skillz. i was in much the same situation when i found shapeways. except that i had already done things in 3d through my work... i challenged myself i made 60 objects in 30 days. i stated simple and worked my way up. by the end i was super proficient in my chosen program. i like your idea of doing the modeling for free but i would definitely hone your skills on things that you like instead of taking too many directions form outside.

good luck.

5. yeah, only problem is that I have a hard time coming up with ideas of what to model, so I hoped that I would get some by doing this. Although I must say that I am surprised that I only got one request so far.

6. Hey man I went online looking for a designer for free since i'm a poor student and I guess I found the guy! I have what I think is a great idea for a product but inorder to create a buzz or get some sort of funding I think it would be crucial to get a model out there. All I can really offer is a spot on the team if this ends up going anywhere. Obviously we don't want everyone to know...so email me at zannylouther@yahoo.com for more info!

7. 37479_deleted
    37479_deleted Member
    Hello my name is Trenton and I'm an artist. I have a project in mind and I need a semi simple character rendered up with the proper specifications to 3D print. You can view my work here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/26670242@N04/ . If you are at all interested please get in contact with me at – TrentonMStudiosSite@gmail.com

Thank you for your time,
    Trenton M.

8. I would like to make a model of my house for a snowglobe. I tried sketchuo for a few hours but dont have the time at the moment and i would like to be able to print this by valentines day. I got the idea from this site,
    http://www.qarl.com/qLab/?p=77
    it doesnt need to be to detailed because it will only be a few inches in size. I have multiple pictures from the perimeter of my house. I will include one so you can get an idea. Please let me know how much and and by when I could have it?
    I just need this for a one time print. You can keep the design or sell it, whatever.
    Thanks for considering

Attached Files:

9. Lets make a 3d video game. I am a killer programmer and am looking for a 3d modeler. I can even animate the characters I just suck at making models.

Can you make characters and buildings? I can help draw them and find materials to skin them.

I have tons of ideas and examples of stuff I want modeled.

I am making a Real Time Strategy game. Set in a futuristic setting.

Thanks message me or reply to this thread lets get started. :)

10. I have a great opportunity for you, I need you to design a 3d model of a watch, I can email you a document with all the information and pictures you will need. Just send me an email at ChateauRoyalewatches@gmail.com because the file is too large to be uploaded here. This is a great opportunity because this is a great way to showcase your experience and an excellent addition to your portfolio which is very very helpful. This should mainly be pretty straightforward and an easy design and not too difficult. Thank you and please get back to me.

11. I would love for someone to make a black and white and full color version of this character. be clever about the colors and put in some details.

Attached Files:

• IMG.jpg

IMG.jpg

File size:
      888 KB
      Views:
  12. I'm sorry but I don't have the time to do anything that advanced.

As a note to anyone else who wants to hire me: I no longer make models for free, although I will let you set the price after the model is done(5$ minimum)

13. ShishiRanger
    ShishiRanger Member
    would you like to help me make an O9 Scale Northern Rock from the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway and some coaches? I can pay you when you're done whenever I get the money totaled and saved up when it's done being made but the chassis are needed too but the coaches don't require chassis as I can buy the chassis online

Attached Files:

14. Srry, but school takes up almost all my time, and I don't make models for money at all anymore

15. ShishiRanger
    ShishiRanger Member
    can you still make the Northern Rock when you get the chance? If not then I can respect your wishes.

16. batjoker
    batjoker Member
    hi there i am looking for someone to do a 3d model of the dark knight rises cowl and neck piece 1.1 scale .
    email me mcginncathal @ hotmail.com

17. Hey,

My names joshua and i need a designer to design a new IPAD/mini IPAD CASE.

18. also i meant to inform you to never put yourself down. Never let it be know that you will do it for free. Only when a person summits a idea that you think is so simple that you would do it for free then do it for free. Like a person like me i dont believe in someone doing something for me for free if its good quality ill pay you. Just some advice :)

19. Hello Marcus,

I just discovered Shapeways and I am looking for a 3D modeler for simple handbag hardware. Are you still available? If you are please contact me to discuss the project and costs...woohandbags[at] yahoo.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

regards,
    Nadia.

20. Ehm, could someone(Moderator?) help me delete this thread?
    I cannot find any link for deleting it and people keep asking for help, and even though they are willing to pay, I don't got the time to help and therefore want this thread deleted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.