Home » Community » 3D modelers for hire » Free models
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Free models [message #37481] Thu, 27 October 2011 19:21 UTC Go to next message
avatar invidos  is currently offline invidos
Go to my shop
Hi, I am planing to model some stuff for free for a while.

not really sure about the demands or anything but I'm doing this because I doubt that I'll be able to make any money and I need to practice my 3d modelling.

anyway, to follow the template.
About me: My name is marcus, I live in sweden and am 18 years old
Expertise: Hard-surface modelling.
Experience:none I guess... I am self thought and have been modelling on and off for about 3 years now.
Portfolio:Got no real portfolio but I do got a deviantart account, Devianart
Rate:free

Should note that I am not very good at character modeling. And the only thing that I ask in favour for this being free is the option for me to give up if I can't finnish the model^^
Re: Free models [message #37495 is a reply to message #37481 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 22:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar duann  is currently offline duann
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome and good luck !

Duann Scott, Designer Evangelist, Shapeways
Re: Free models [message #39338 is a reply to message #37495 ] Mon, 28 November 2011 01:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
Marcus its good to see someone willing to help out another for no charge.

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith
Re: Free models [message #39442 is a reply to message #39338 ] Tue, 29 November 2011 05:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar christopherlowe  is currently offline christopherlowe
Go to my shop
you appear to have skillz. i was in much the same situation when i found shapeways. except that i had already done things in 3d through my work... i challenged myself i made 60 objects in 30 days. i stated simple and worked my way up. by the end i was super proficient in my chosen program. i like your idea of doing the modeling for free but i would definitely hone your skills on things that you like instead of taking too many directions form outside.

good luck.

please visit my blog at...
http://chrisshopofmodels.blogspot.com
Re: Free models [message #39449 is a reply to message #39442 ] Tue, 29 November 2011 07:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
yeah, only problem is that I have a hard time coming up with ideas of what to model, so I hoped that I would get some by doing this. Although I must say that I am surprised that I only got one request so far.
icon14.gif  Re: Free models [message #39650 is a reply to message #39449 ] Thu, 01 December 2011 06:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ZannyLouther  is currently offline ZannyLouther
Go to all my models
Hey man I went online looking for a designer for free since i'm a poor student and I guess I found the guy! I have what I think is a great idea for a product but inorder to create a buzz or get some sort of funding I think it would be crucial to get a model out there. All I can really offer is a spot on the team if this ends up going anywhere. Obviously we don't want everyone to know...so email me at zannylouther@yahoo.com for more info!
Re: Free models [message #41857 is a reply to message #37481 ] Fri, 13 January 2012 11:34 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar TrentonMStudios  is currently offline TrentonMStudios
Go to all my models
Hello my name is Trenton and I'm an artist. I have a project in mind and I need a semi simple character rendered up with the proper specifications to 3D print. You can view my work here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/26670242@N04/ . If you are at all interested please get in contact with me at – TrentonMStudiosSite@gmail.com

Thank you for your time,
Trenton M.
Re: Free models [message #42526 is a reply to message #37481 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 03:20 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar pacheco8200  is currently offline pacheco8200
Go to all my models
I would like to make a model of my house for a snowglobe. I tried sketchuo for a few hours but dont have the time at the moment and i would like to be able to print this by valentines day. I got the idea from this site,
http://www.qarl.com/qLab/?p=77
it doesnt need to be to detailed because it will only be a few inches in size. I have multiple pictures from the perimeter of my house. I will include one so you can get an idea. Please let me know how much and and by when I could have it?
I just need this for a one time print. You can keep the design or sell it, whatever.
Thanks for considering

Re: Free models [message #42576 is a reply to message #37481 ] Mon, 23 January 2012 18:44 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar cityseeker  is currently offline cityseeker
Go to all my models
Lets make a 3d video game. I am a killer programmer and am looking for a 3d modeler. I can even animate the characters I just suck at making models.

Can you make characters and buildings? I can help draw them and find materials to skin them.

I have tons of ideas and examples of stuff I want modeled.

I am making a Real Time Strategy game. Set in a futuristic setting.

Thanks message me or reply to this thread lets get started. Smile
Re: Free models [message #46427 is a reply to message #37481 ] Wed, 04 April 2012 02:42 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ChateauRoyalewatches  is currently offline ChateauRoyalewatches
Go to all my models
I have a great opportunity for you, I need you to design a 3d model of a watch, I can email you a document with all the information and pictures you will need. Just send me an email at ChateauRoyalewatches@gmail.com because the file is too large to be uploaded here. This is a great opportunity because this is a great way to showcase your experience and an excellent addition to your portfolio which is very very helpful. This should mainly be pretty straightforward and an easy design and not too difficult. Thank you and please get back to me.
Re: Free models [message #46525 is a reply to message #37481 ] Thu, 05 April 2012 14:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar wafflehouse17  is currently offline wafflehouse17
Go to all my models
I would love for someone to make a black and white and full color version of this character. be clever about the colors and put in some details.

• Attachment: IMG.jpg
    (Size: 888.04KB, Downloaded 113 time(s))

Re: Free models [message #46529 is a reply to message #46525 ] Thu, 05 April 2012 15:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I'm sorry but I don't have the time to do anything that advanced.

As a note to anyone else who wants to hire me: I no longer make models for free, although I will let you set the price after the model is done(5$ minimum)
Re: Free models [message #59081 is a reply to message #46529 ] Sat, 22 December 2012 16:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ShishiRanger  is currently offline ShishiRanger
Go to all my models
would you like to help me make an O9 Scale Northern Rock from the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway and some coaches? I can pay you when you're done whenever I get the money totaled and saved up when it's done being made but the chassis are needed too but the coaches don't require chassis as I can buy the chassis online

Re: Free models [message #59082 is a reply to message #59081 ] Sat, 22 December 2012 17:02 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Srry, but school takes up almost all my time, and I don't make models for money at all anymore
Re: Free models [message #59083 is a reply to message #59082 ] Sat, 22 December 2012 17:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar ShishiRanger  is currently offline ShishiRanger
Go to all my models
can you still make the Northern Rock when you get the chance? If not then I can respect your wishes.
Re: Free models [message #60529 is a reply to message #37481 ] Tue, 22 January 2013 19:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar batjoker  is currently offline batjoker
Go to my shop
hi there i am looking for someone to do a 3d model of the dark knight rises cowl and neck piece 1.1 scale .
email me mcginncathal @ hotmail.com
icon5.gif  Re: Free models [message #60809 is a reply to message #37481 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 22:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joshuarandle  is currently offline joshuarandle
Go to all my models
Hey,

My names joshua and i need a designer to design a new IPAD/mini IPAD CASE.
Re: Free models [message #60810 is a reply to message #60809 ] Fri, 25 January 2013 22:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar joshuarandle  is currently offline joshuarandle
Go to all my models
also i meant to inform you to never put yourself down. Never let it be know that you will do it for free. Only when a person summits a idea that you think is so simple that you would do it for free then do it for free. Like a person like me i dont believe in someone doing something for me for free if its good quality ill pay you. Just some advice Smile
Re: Free models [message #60905 is a reply to message #37481 ] Sun, 27 January 2013 18:48 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar woohandbags  is currently offline woohandbags
Go to all my models
Hello Marcus,

I just discovered Shapeways and I am looking for a 3D modeler for simple handbag hardware. Are you still available? If you are please contact me to discuss the project and costs...woohandbags[at] yahoo.com.

I hope to hear from you soon.

regards,
Nadia.
Re: Free models [message #60993 is a reply to message #60905 ] Mon, 28 January 2013 21:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Ehm, could someone(Moderator?) help me delete this thread?
I cannot find any link for deleting it and people keep asking for help, and even though they are willing to pay, I don't got the time to help and therefore want this thread deleted
Re: Free models [message #60999 is a reply to message #60993 ] Mon, 28 January 2013 22:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I locked the topic. If you should decide that you want it back open, we can just unlock it.

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Previous Topic:3D Modeler For Hire
Next Topic:Artist + 3D Modeler Needed to Optimize an Existing Blender Model

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.