Home » Support » 3D Printing » Polished WSF
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Polished WSF [message #37446] Thu, 27 October 2011 11:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bunrattypark  is currently offline Bunrattypark
Go to my shop
Any chance there will be a relaxation of the 150x150x150 limitations on polishing sometime in the future? I would like to polish larger models. Many thanks.
Re: Polished WSF [message #37459 is a reply to message #37446 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 13:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
I know there was talk of a larger tumbler, I don't know if those dimensions are for the larger tumbler, or not. I'll ask and see.

The Mad Moder
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Polished WSF [message #37462 is a reply to message #37459 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 14:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
The current size is the limits for the larger tumbler. The tumbler is donut shaped, so there's a "hole" in the middle where you can't tumble parts. Also, it's not like printing where you can print along the edges, there needs to be a certain amount of space for the polishing beads to vibrate and flow. Adding those factors up and you have a bounding box limit of 15x15x15 cm.

Right now, we are not planning to on board a bigger tumbler machine unfortunately. The next thing we want to experiment with is coloring + tumbling.

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang

Previous Topic:Nuts n Bolts!
Next Topic:Strong&Flexible materials - stain