Home » Support » 3D Printing » Polished WSF
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Polished WSF [message #37446] Thu, 27 October 2011 11:19 UTC Go to next message
avatar Bunrattypark  is currently offline Bunrattypark
Go to my shop
Any chance there will be a relaxation of the 150x150x150 limitations on polishing sometime in the future? I would like to polish larger models. Many thanks.
Re: Polished WSF [message #37459 is a reply to message #37446 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 13:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
I know there was talk of a larger tumbler, I don't know if those dimensions are for the larger tumbler, or not. I'll ask and see.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate
Re: Polished WSF [message #37462 is a reply to message #37459 ] Thu, 27 October 2011 14:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
The current size is the limits for the larger tumbler. The tumbler is donut shaped, so there's a "hole" in the middle where you can't tumble parts. Also, it's not like printing where you can print along the edges, there needs to be a certain amount of space for the polishing beads to vibrate and flow. Adding those factors up and you have a bounding box limit of 15x15x15 cm.

Right now, we are not planning to on board a bigger tumbler machine unfortunately. The next thing we want to experiment with is coloring + tumbling.

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang

Previous Topic:Nuts n Bolts!
Next Topic:Strong&Flexible materials - stain

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.