Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Repairing in Netfabb Basic
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Repairing in Netfabb Basic [message #37211] Sun, 23 October 2011 11:43 UTC Go to next message
avatar Leothedog  is currently offline Leothedog
Go to all my models
I'm looking to all you experienced guys for a little help, pleas.

I've been having some initial success modelling in Sketchup and uploading to Shapeways. However, as I become a little more adventurous, a few errors have crept in and some uploads have been unsuccessful. This has led me to export the *.dae file to Meshlab, thus converting the file to *.STL.This then leads me to open the STL file in Netfabb Basic so that I can effect the necessary repairs. The problem that I'm having is that I don't seem to be able to save or export the resulting repaired file in anything other than a *.fabbproject file - which Shapeways doesn't recognise as a legitimate type for uploading.
Surely there's a simple solution to this without investing in Netfabb Professional at what for me is a prohibitive cost?

Please Help!

MIke
Re: Repairing in Netfabb Basic [message #37297 is a reply to message #37211 ] Tue, 25 October 2011 08:46 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
To save a file from NetFabb Basic as an stl, highlight the model (part) in the context area to the right, then from the top menu, click on [Part]. This drops down a menu, where you can Export Part.

Paul

Previous Topic:Most detail possible?
Next Topic:Nuts n Bolts!