Vid uploads not Tweeted?

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by stop4stuff, Oct 23, 2011.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    There's been no Shapeways tweets about new model videos linked to from model pages... it seems like on/before 4th October setting a video link on the model page would automatically trigger a '3D printing video' Twitter message, and there's been none since even though nre videos have been uploaded & linked to. (e.g. henryseg's 24-cell and the model page linked video on YouTube)

Just wondering if this omitting video link tweets was intentional or if it got broke in the model page shakedown?

2. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Ah, yes you are right. I had to manually tweet my latest video. I thought it was a mistake on my side. And actually, in "my acount" I cannot see anymore my twitter ID.
    What about you?

3. stop4stuff
    I've only just linked my Twitter account with Shapeways, but there's no Twitter name in 'my account', just a link to connect to Twitter. My main thing is though, with 5,000+ Tweeter followers, Shapeways Twitter feed should be a good source of views for videos & models - but it seems to be broke :(

4. duann
    duann Member
    Hi all,
    We stopped the autofeed as there were too many random, unrelated videos being sent out from our twitter account.

We wanted to make sure we were not spamming people with any new age weight loss remedies :)

If you have a video you really want to share on twitter, post it with @shapeways and we may retweet it for you.

You can also post it on our facebook page.

Cheers

5. stop4stuff
    Thanks for the info Duann.
    Damn lousey spammers spoiled it for us. :evil: