Home » Support » 3D Design » Issue with COLLADA upload (missing geometry)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Issue with COLLADA upload (missing geometry) [message #36957] Wed, 19 October 2011 16:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar Ted  is currently offline Ted
Go to all my models
Hi,

I am having an issue with a model upload. My model called 'MoirePattern Chassis' is showing a triangle prism missing from its geometry. I used COLLADA format exported from Google Sketchup v8.0.4811. If I import the COLLADA model into Sketchup, it looks like the original file before export.

The first two images below are renders from Sketchup. The last image is a screenshot from the website, how Shapeways has rendered it after upload.

The model is here online: http://www.shapeways.com/model/358725/moirepattern_chassis.h tml?gid=ug

Please let me know any thoughts!

Best,

Ted

-----------------

index.php?t=getfile&id=11471&private=0
-----------------

index.php?t=getfile&id=11472&private=0
-----------------

index.php?t=getfile&id=11473&private=0
-----------------

• Attachment: chassis-1.png
    (Size: 24.02KB, Downloaded 389 time(s))

• Attachment: chassis-2.png
    (Size: 21.54KB, Downloaded 393 time(s))

• Attachment: chassis-3.png
    (Size: 71.59KB, Downloaded 390 time(s))

Re: Issue with COLLADA upload (missing geometry) [message #36958 is a reply to message #36957 ] Wed, 19 October 2011 16:51 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
It looks like you have overlapping geometry in there. seeing those two faces are overlapping, shapeways removes them. I'd extend one face a little into the other, shapeways will automatically fuse the 2 sets of geometry that way

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Issue with COLLADA upload (missing geometry) SOLVED [message #36959 is a reply to message #36958 ] Wed, 19 October 2011 17:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ted  is currently offline Ted
Go to all my models
I removed the shared edges and the model renders correctly! Wonderful, thanks for the thought, Youknowwho4eva

Below is what the model looks like now, and how it renders on Shapeways. woohoo!

Ted

--------------

index.php?t=getfile&id=11475&private=0

--------------

index.php?t=getfile&id=11476&private=0

--------------

• Attachment: chassis-1.png
    (Size: 13.36KB, Downloaded 372 time(s))

• Attachment: chassis-2.png
    (Size: 37.10KB, Downloaded 372 time(s))

Re: Issue with COLLADA upload (missing geometry) [message #36968 is a reply to message #36957 ] Wed, 19 October 2011 19:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Glad I could be of assistance

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Volume trouble
Next Topic:Heart shaped box! help needed please

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.