Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » Work in progress » V-Heart Cookie Cutter
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36487] Wed, 12 October 2011 10:35 UTC Go to next message
avatar veganerdism  is currently offline veganerdism
Go to my shop
Hi
I hope you can help me. This is my first 3D-project and I'm having some difficulties.
I'm using Cinema 4D R.13 and Illustrator. I know my Adobe Creative Suit pretty well and tried to understand C4D, too. More or less.

I'm working on a cookie cutter. I have the model now a I want it to be. Now I have some problems/questions:

1. In the shapeways tutorial for C4D it says:
Quote:

7. Make your geometry a single object, the Objects>Modeling>Connect Object
8.Drag the elements you want to connect into Connect Object icon using the Object window to the right of the screen.

I'm not sure if I did this correctly.
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d55/marlies01/Tree.jpg

2. I don't know how to resize it properly so that it will be approximately 7x7 cm

3. What is the minimum wall thickness I should use for a cookie cutter if I produce it in "White, Strong & Flexible?"

I attached my C4D-file and would be really glad if someone could find the time and have a look at what I did. Thank you all!

edit: I figured it out all by myself Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 19:57 UTC]

Re: V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36488 is a reply to message #36487 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 10:38 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
One question solved:
Quote:

Minimum wall thickness

Strong & Flexible materials = 0.7 mm. We do however advise to use at least 1 or 2 mm, depending on the size of the area
Grey Robust + White, Transparent & Black detail = 1mm
Alumide = 1.5mm
Stainless Steel + Full Color Sandstone + Glass = 3 mm

Re: V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36490 is a reply to message #36488 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 11:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
If I try to upload it, I get the error message:
Quote:

Unfortunately, we were not able to process and thus print
your product. The error message was:
empty output
Re: V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36497 is a reply to message #36490 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 12:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I started over again and made a whole new version with the right sizes. I'm completely satisfied with how it looks and would want to produce it as it is.
But I'm nearly crying because I just can't get it to "connect to one object." Everything I tried turned out a complete mess. Party were missing or deformed.
I tried every video tutorial I could find and now I'm close to giving up.
Could you help me please?

The new version is attached.

edit: I figured it out all by myself Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 19:56 UTC]

Re: V-Heart Cookie Cutter [message #36508 is a reply to message #36488 ] Wed, 12 October 2011 14:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Where does it still say sandstone is 3mm?

Edit: OK, found it. The chart with all materials says 3mm, the sandstone page says 2mm. *sigh*

[Updated on: Wed, 12 October 2011 14:44 UTC]

Previous Topic:Flexed Text Ring
Next Topic:want to print in glass but can't!